- benbennettAsked on February 23, 2016 at 10:20 AM
- CharlieAnswered on February 23, 2016 at 01:01 PM
I was able to replicate the problem.
Here's a sample session link that I have in my cloned form: https://firstname.lastname@example.org.
The problem is that the condition to calculate the "Total grand claim" is based on the "Area" text box, it will only trigger the condition if it is filled out. The problem is that when the form is loaded on a session, it does not trigger that condition.
You need to move your mouse cursor and place it in your "Area" text box before the condition will be triggered. You can try it in your end, just place the mouse cursor in your "Area" text box and it will continue to start the calculation again.
Here's a simple session form link that I have: https://email@example.com. Noticed that the calculation won't continue or work without placing the mouse cursor in my text box field.
I have forwarded this to our developers to have it checked and fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- CharlieAnswered on February 23, 2016 at 01:18 PM
I have a possible workaround that you can implement while this is being investigated. Do you require the "Area" text box in your conditions?
Here's my cloned form with a session on it: https://firstname.lastname@example.org.
Noticed that it calculates properly. This is the proposed workaround that I have:
1. Instead of using conditions, we will use the form calculation widget.
2. Here's my formula inside that widget:
3. With that, the calculation is not dependent on a form field like the "Area" text box. It will calculate as long as there are input values on the budget form fields.
However, please note that when you delete your current text box "Total grant claim", you will lose the data associated with it. Perhaps cloning a form with the version that I have and use that instead would be an alternative? So that you don't need to change anything on the current form that you have because it already has submissions on it.
- JotForm SupportNicholasWestleyAnswered on February 23, 2016 at 10:42 PM
This has been fixed. Calculation will work without having to focus on the condition term field when field values are loaded from a session. Please let us know if you continue to have problems.