- suemcdonaldAsked on March 02, 2016 at 12:54 PM
I changed my form title after cloning it from another form but the title did not change. How can I get the new title to show up in my response emails?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 04:07 PM
You can edit the subject in the mail setting, here is a general guide for it:
- suemcdonaldAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 05:45 PMI did change my subject title on my form but when people submit it it still
has the old title from the form I cloned.
And the guide you sent was from setting up email notifications
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 07:39 PMIn the form builder, click the "Emails" button on the form builder toolbar:Hover your mouse to the notification and click the edit in pencil icon:Then simply delete the title and include the Form Title from the "Form Fields" list:Click on finish, and make sure to save your form. Let us know if you need more help, we will be glad to assist you.
- trambustoAnswered on May 28, 2016 at 12:28 PM
I just tried this solution but I am still getting the OLD title when I relaunch the form.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on May 28, 2016 at 02:03 PM
I did it for you by placing the "Form Title" tag in the subject line. This will be converted to the full form name/title in the email.
I did it for this form, https://form.jotform.com/60614858960161.
Here's our guide for this feature: https://www.jotform.com/help/45-How-to-place-form-title-in-the-Subject-Line-of-form-notification.
For the form title, this guide should help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/179-How-to-change-the-Title-Name-of-your-Form.
Also, when changing anything in the form, always make sure to click "Save" buttons before navigating away from the page.
Let us know if you need any further assistance.