- PurkAsked on March 08, 2016 at 10:15 AM
So I have two questions:
1. I have my JotForm with a registration sign up. I did this last year so I'm just updating a few things (date, time, etc ..). I've successfully done so on the form but not on the actual Registration link ... How do I do that?2. Once someone registers, they'll receive a "receipt" or a confirmation. How do I review what this looks like? And then how do I edit that if necessary?
Thanks for your help.
- BenAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 12:23 PM
Since we can assist with only one issue / question per thread, I have moved your other question to a new thread here http://www.jotform.com/answers/789945 where we will be answering it shortly Mark.
Now in regards to your question about the registration link, could you please give us a bit more details in regards to what you mean? I can only presume that the link is the one that you have used before so that your customers could come to form. If that is true and if you are using direct link to your form, the same link should work for you again after your changes.
Of course if you mean something else, please do let us know.
- PurkAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 02:00 PM
Thanks for your help. Yes, the link to my form works after changes, however I'm referring to another link within that. It's the link where they actually register. That one doesn't update.
Is there I can point you to what I'm talking about? It's a link within a link that I can't update.
- BenAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 03:03 PM
I presume that you mean that they are pointed to one form that when they fill out they are taken to another link - another form and that this is the one that you wish to change?
If so the link is either within the email or thank you page, but it would be best if you can share the form with us to see the same and help you change it Mark.
- PurkAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 03:19 PM
Yes, it'd be much easier if I shared the form ... how do I do that?
- BenAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 04:30 PM
You can either tell us the title of the form in your account - for example like: "2016 AO Lincoln FootGolf Registration" or give us the link to the same. With the link being the link to the page on your website where the form is shown or the link to the form itself.
- PurkAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 04:44 PM
Perfect. The "2016 AO Lincoln FootGolf Tournament Sign Up" is the main link. Then within that is the link to sign up (http://www.jotform.us/Purk/AOLincolnFootGolf) and that is the one I need to edit. And actually the changes are already made with the "2016 AO Lincoln FootGolf Registration". I only need to edit the year and the date.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 08, 2016 at 11:31 PM
Please follow this steps:
#1 Click on this link https://www.jotform.com/login to login to your account.
#2 Click on this link https://www.jotform.com//?formID=51046426057148
You should now be in the Form Builder in Edit mode using the form http://www.jotform.us/form/51046426057148
To start updating the Text (with year and date), see the numbered steps on the image below
Save the form.
Let us know if there is more we can help you with.
- PurkAnswered on March 09, 2016 at 10:48 AM
Ok, we're getting closer. And it just may be easier for you to call me at 402-730-0089 because we are having a disconnect with our communication.
1. The form you show above is fine.
2. It is the link within that form (http://www.jotform.us/Purk/AOLincolnFootGolf) that I can't edit.
Can you let me know how to edit that link? Again, feel free to call me as that will get rid of the mis-communication we are having.
I appreciate your help.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on March 09, 2016 at 11:44 AM
Click on your "Text" field, then click on "Edit HTML":
After that, highlight your link text, then click on the link button:
Change the URL and text to whatever you would like to update them done. When finished, click on "Complete" in the top right of the Text field.