- kevinpclarkeAsked on March 10, 2016 at 02:28 AM
I logged a case yesterday about not being able to edit database entries, that is the drop down selections. I've not heard anything back from you and we are needing to do our final reckoning for these forms and databases. once again see attached drop down entries which wont take the edit. If you could let me know what the current status is please it would be appreciated?
One other interesting point I noted and wanted to add is that when I do the edit it sends out a new autoreply email to the user and this contains the new edit but the database does not.
I hope to hear form you soon
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 10, 2016 at 03:59 AM
If I understand correctly, you want to edit the submission data in the form via the submissions page. But when you save/submit the edited data, the dropdown field remains unchanged? Furthermore, the notification email contains the new data from the dropdown field, but the dropdown field data seen in the submissions page is still the old one? Is that correct?
Can you please provide us the URL of the form where you are encountering the issue? This would help us investigate the issue with the dropdown field further. We will wait for your reply.
- kevinpclarkeAnswered on March 10, 2016 at 04:45 AMHi Chriistian,
Yes that is correct. I think it is only the first dropdown i.e “EVENT LEVELS” I’ve re-enabled this form as it was disabled due to we reached our capacity of registrations for this competition so if you could take a look ASAP as I don’t want any further registrations coming in or should I change the link name? Not sure if this alters the database does it?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 10, 2016 at 06:50 AM
Thanks for the confirmation. We'll check and investigate this further. We'll get back to you with updates.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 10, 2016 at 07:11 AM
I was able to reproduce this problem. It seems changes made on the quantity options are not saved but the edit notification shows the changes.
I have now raised this to our developers for further investigation. You will be informed here once this is fixed.
- kevinpclarkeAnswered on March 10, 2016 at 09:46 AMHi EltonCris,
Yes, this is the very issue. Other parts of the form with just normal text boxes etc seem fine and work ok.
I’ll await to hear back from you/developers
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 10, 2016 at 10:35 AM
Our apologies again. Our developers would let you know once this issue is fixed.
- kevinpclarkeAnswered on March 11, 2016 at 01:46 PMHi EtonCris,
Very sorry to hassle you but I wondered if there was a solution yet form the development team?
- KadeJMAnswered on March 11, 2016 at 01:56 PM
Hey Kevin thanks for checking in. We have a developer assigned to begin looking at your issue soon though it may be a few days at the least depending on their previous workload which is why Welvin said in his response above that we would certainly let you know here as soon as its resolved.
If you don't hear anything back from us after a few days then feel free to check in again if needed and we do appreciate your patience for the time being until then. Thanks!
- kevinpclarkeAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 03:46 AMHi KadeJM,
Please if there is any progress with this issue as it is becoming difficult keeping track of changes and a lot of inconsistencies.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 04:01 AM
We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately there is currently no news regarding the issue. Rest assured we will let you know if there are any updates. Regards.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 19, 2016 at 02:03 AM
I have discussed this with a colleague. apparently payment fields are not editable for the protection of the seller and prevention of mismatching of actual transactions with the payment gateway. This is why it won't update the submission on such fields.
- kevinpclarkeAnswered on March 19, 2016 at 10:46 AMHi Liyam,
I disagree because in our case once a skater enters their level and if they need to change this later due to passing a test I can’t do this without deleting the entry and going through a PayPal refund process. If we only edit the offline excel sheet with the change it will be out of sync with the online version which at the moment is causing us problems as this is what we are having to do.
I think either you have a design issue with this PayPal plugin or it is a bug because your system actually allows a change in the payment plugin and therefore acts on an editthat has taken place and sends the change to the purchaser but does not reflect this in the database itself!.
This is a huge problem in my opinion and needs investigating.
- CharlieAnswered on March 19, 2016 at 12:08 PM
As mentioned by my colleague, this is more related to matching the order details to the actual order transaction made on the payment gateway. If your users are allowed to change the payment details on edit link, that would cause confusion as it might not match the order details in your payment processor. It is not possible to also send these updates on the payment processor because a transaction has already been made.
1. User submit the form selecting a quantity "2" and color "Red".
2 User successfully completes the transaction on the payment gateway
3. User receives the edit link or you edit the quantity to "1" and color to "Blue". This will not redirect again your user to the payment processor because this is already a completed submission with a completed transaction.
4. This will caused confusion in your end when you cross match your JotForm submission data in your payment processors transaction details. Another reason that this is not allowed because prices may change when a quantity or certain option in the order details have been altered, causing more confusion in your end. Let's say "Submission 1" has a total of $10, but when it was edited, the quantity and other options were changed, giving a new value of $20. Assuming the changes in the order details is allowed, you'll see in your JotForm submission that it's $20 but in the payment processor where your invoice and actual payment shows only $10.
The bug or design flaw that I see here is that the notification is being sent showing the update made, which should not be done. I believe the order section should also be disabled whenever the submission is in edited mode.
The solution that I can think of using Google Spreadsheet integration is to have another column where you can note or add comments if there are changes made on the order. You do not necessarily need to update the submission itself. Adding columns in your spreadsheet should not break the integration. I hope this helps.
- kevinpclarkeAnswered on March 21, 2016 at 07:45 AMHi Charlie,
Many thanks for your suggestion of using Google Spreadsheets. I think this is a very good idea to use and as you said it updates changes and allows adding a column next to the payment selections which is kept. I’ll certainly try this out.
Just a general question are Jotform going to work with MS and their MS office online as that would be perfect and do the same?
Thanks again for your help and suggestion
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 21, 2016 at 09:01 AM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome.
I tried searching our forum if there's a similar request about MS Office Online, but I can't seem to find any. I will be forwarding this to our developers, but will do it in a new thread. Please check it here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/799005.