- Max WeinerAsked on March 16, 2016 at 10:33 AM
The form would grab information such as user name, account name and date of completion. After the form grabs that info, can we use a plugin to make it populate a certificates' information fields?
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on March 16, 2016 at 11:21 AM
You can get or add PDF version of your submission to your "Autoresponder" or "Notification" as a certificate, so this file could be a document for you. Please, see the step from the below:
Alternatively, you can send post data from JotForm by using PHP. Below, you can find the guide about how to achieve this goal:
I hope this solutions will meet your needs. For further assistance, please do let us know.
- grade4pagasaAnswered on March 16, 2016 at 12:21 PM
I remember sharing a detailed process that automatically creates certificates with all the necessary data from the participants in last year's thread.
i created an automated thank-you-email-system that attaches customized-certificates of each (seminar / training) attendees that can be delivered to their supplied email address in PDF format.
with just 1 button-click, everything's done. the entire process can be done by an admin in less than 1 minute (really depends on how fast your broadband connection is, since it's cloud-based)
the process output are:
* personalized email sent to all participants / trainees
* attached PDF certificate with all the training & participant info (print quality).
scenario 1: one-time processing. (needing ADMIN approval / mass-mailing / mass-print out)
- not all of your participants passed the assessment. you can easily instruct the system to ONLY send out a thank you email with the attached pdf certificates to participants who passed.
* (grades / ratings can be included automatically as well).
* you can then mass-print the certificates at your own convenience.
scenario 2: (no approval needed from ADMIN)
you can instruct the system to automatically generate a thank you email with attached pdf certificates at regular interval of your choice (every 1 hour, 2 hours, ...) no printouts needed - all electronic.
There are other methods available out there but the one i used here are all based on Free Web Services (JotForm, Google Sheets & Docs). And since it will require 3 platforms, this method will need a certain amount of time to setup. The good news is - once everything's configured, the entire automated process - from participant filling out the form to receiving an email with personalized certificates - will take just 1 click of a button to initialize and will be finished in less than 1 minute.
Disclaimer: I'm not a coder and not a designer as well (as evidenced by the bare bones output).
Below's the overview of the entire process.
- Randy, fellow JotForm user.
To view actual size:
Right click > Open image in new tab
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on March 16, 2016 at 12:35 PM
Thank you for your detailed and remarkable workaround to achieve this objective. Max could follow the advanced method you have shared to get completely customized certificates.
- grade4pagasaAnswered on March 22, 2016 at 02:31 AM
Glad to be of service 😊
Hope this end-to-end use-case scenario will be useful.