- janebeverleyAsked on March 17, 2016 at 01:15 PMBecause I have to add the flat rate shipping based on product line I created the shipping text boxes and am attempting to create a Grand total text box. However, when I am trying to calculate the total cost I do not have access to the total value from the product order section. How would I get that total to use in the lower section of the form?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 01:22 PM
I understand that you want to use the total amount from the payment field in the condition. Unfortunately, this is not possible.
I see that you are using the Purchase Order tool. There is actually a feature in it that would allow you to add shipping costs per product or per transaction (flat rate)
Here's a full instruction: https://www.jotform.com/help/304-How-to-add-shipping-cost-to-Payment-Forms
If you have more questions about this, let us know here.
- janebeverleyAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 01:44 PM
I am not able to use the shipping feature in the purchase order tool because I have flat rate shipping based on two groups of products not based on the entire order.
As a result I am not able to use the embedded shipping calculation and have to do my own.
If the Purchase Order Tool can generate a total cost that it sends in the email order report, there should be a way I can access that value on the form itself, should their not?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 01:59 PM
I have checked and as Elton explained it is not possible to use the total amount of the payment field, you may consider to use the payment wizard to collect a custom amount.
You will need to use calculations to achieve what you want and then pass the total amount to the payment field, this guide will help you with calculations: http://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-perform-calculation-in-the-form.
This guide will help you to pass the calculated value to a payment field: http://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field.
It is the only way that I can think it could be achieved.
- DbergAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 02:14 PM
It has been working fine until this morning. I have 14 submissions that worked just fine, 2 this morning. The 15th submission, the most recent just doesn't show up in my in box???
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 02:20 PM
Seems like this reply should be posted on this thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/796982-Why-I-can-not-see-the-submissions-on-a-payment-form#1.
- janebeverleyAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 04:23 PM
Is there any value amounts from the Purchase Order Tool that are available to me to use in calculations?
- janebeverleyAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 04:43 PM
I figured it out. The total amount from the Purchase Order Tool is available for use in the calculations window.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 17, 2016 at 04:46 PM
Yes, indeed it is possible to get the value from the payment tool on the calculation wizard, I made a sample form that you can see here: https://form.jotform.com/53497306922966.
What you can not do is update the value on the payment wizard with the value from the calculation widget, at least that you use the payment wizard using the custom amount method as explained above.