- jijojoseAsked on March 22, 2016 at 04:20 AM
Earlier JotForm had this option to use plain text for email content, but right now I don't see it. My CRM doesn't accept HTML tags and all emails send to the CRM are displayed with the tags. HTML tags are visible in the CRM. Can someone please let me know how to get back plain text content.
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on March 22, 2016 at 04:46 AM
You can add text on your notification and email with our new email wizard easily.
First of all, open your notification and click on Edit.
Then you can change the content of your notification or autoresponder.
If you have any question or issues, please do not hesitate contacting us. We will be glad to assist you.
- jijojoseAnswered on March 22, 2016 at 05:49 AM
Thank you for responding. I think you didn't get my question or I didn't write my question properly.
I know how to use the email wizard. But the previous version of the email box had the option to write the emails in plain text instead of using HTML.
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on March 22, 2016 at 06:16 AM
No, it is my mistake. I will check it and get back to you soon.
- aytekinfreeAnswered on March 22, 2016 at 08:26 AM
We do not have this option any more and we do not have any plans to add this feature back since we found that this feature is used very seldom by our users. Every option we provide makes the UI harder for the users that's why we are trying to simplify JotForm.
What you can do is to clone your existing forms that has this feature while creating a new form. Cloned forms will also have the cloned text-only emails.
- jijojoseAnswered on March 22, 2016 at 08:36 AM
@aytekinfree I think as soon you edit the template, html tags are added. So no point in cloning if you want to edit the template.
@beril Thank you, please let me know.
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on March 22, 2016 at 09:19 AM
I am sorry for late response. As our founder was mentioned above, we don't have that option in our new Email Wizard. You can use the old email wizard.
- jijojoseAnswered on March 23, 2016 at 05:00 AM
Thanks for the update, beril. I love the old email wizard more than the new one. :P
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on March 23, 2016 at 05:57 AM
You're kindly welcome and thank you for your feedback. It is really important for us. I think it may seem difficult at the beginning but you will get used to it in time.
Have a great day!
- webflunkyAnswered on March 30, 2016 at 05:40 PMJust want to say that I ALWAYS used the plain text method and am extremely unhappy with the new wizard. People want to be able to copy and paste the text in the emails and it's hard to do that with a table format. I'm very sorry to see that option go. Will the old Email Wizard be around forever? Some of these wizards just create more work for us. :-(
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 30, 2016 at 08:02 PM
We will attend to your concern separately on this thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/806573
- legionarytoursAnswered on April 14, 2016 at 12:24 PM
I wish the plain text option was still there too. Thanks for the workaround though.