- RobertSmytheAsked on February 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM
I am having a problem with a form.
Tabbing into a required field brings up the alert message "this field is required" and it will not go away when the question has been answered if the user clicks outside of the field. However, clicking or typing within the field to get focus on that field and then tabbing out of it removes the alert. The alerts take up extra room on the form and prevent users from seeing and clicking the submit button so this is more than annoying: it prevents users from completing the form.
I use Chrome to test my pages, and I'm assuming at least one of my user's does too, as she alerted me to this problem. Needless to say, I don't think I can explain this on the website. Can you let me know how to fix this ASAP? I'm starting to get a lot of angry emails...
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on February 29, 2012 at 04:48 AM
The problem is related with the height of form and embed method you used.
I can see submit button here :
On chrome, I'm not able to see the submit problem even I didn't tap any of the fields,
Please use our embed methods under Setup & Embed -> Embed -> Embed or iFrame method.
They can calculate the height of the form and rescale it without losing any of the form fields.
- RobertSmytheAnswered on February 29, 2012 at 02:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. However, you haven't solved the problem: tabbing into a field causes an alert to pop up "This field is required" that won't go away even after information is entered into the field. The main problem is that these alerts pop up and won't go away. This leads to the 2nd problem, that the "submit" button can't be seen.
I need to have the first problem solved: why do these alerts pop up? Why won't they go away?
Do I need to post screen shots or video to show you what I mean? My problem is similar to this one:
Also: changed my embedding according to your suggestion, above, and used the "embed" function instead of pasting the "iWeb" code into my page code. Same problem occurs: once I tab past a field that wasn't filled out, the "required" alert won't go away.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on February 29, 2012 at 04:13 PM
This is not a pop-up, it's an information message, it disappears on my side without any problem, that's why I suggest you to use an embed method to solve your second problem.
There is a bug about Matrix field but on other elements, there is no problem.
Please give me some more details,
- Which field do you have that problem ?
- What is your browser ? Name and version, also platform please.
- What's your operating system ?
- A screenshot or video of the problem
- RobertSmytheAnswered on February 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Here are the answers to your questions:
1) This happens in almost every required field. The first one it happens in is "Puppeteers of America Member"
2) I'm using Chrome 17.0.963.56 on a MacBook Pro (10.6.8), but I've had users on other computers complain about the problem.
3) I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.8
4) Where do I post a video of the problem?
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on March 01, 2012 at 03:36 AM
Ticket is assigned one of our front-end developers,
He will solve it ASAP,
- RobertSmytheAnswered on March 09, 2012 at 01:02 PM
Your message said this problem would be solved ASAP. I've heard nothing in 8 days. Please advise--I've got people who can't fill out these forms and a deadline is fast approaching.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on March 09, 2012 at 03:14 PM
I have raised your ticket to Urgent level and warned my friend about it,
- RobertSmytheAnswered on May 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM
I was expecting an answer from Urgent Level and have heard nothing. My deadline is in 2 days. What is happening to my answer?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on May 29, 2012 at 04:23 PM
I have answered you on this thread