- rizzob95Asked on March 28, 2016 at 12:14 PM
error on save
from properties not found
- CharlieAnswered on March 28, 2016 at 01:20 PM
May we know when are you getting this error message? Is any of your integration, widgets or form fields not properly setup when you are trying to click the save button?
I'm testing the form builder but can't replicate the problem, I tried it on Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Please do make sure you are setting up all fields, widget and integrations properly. Please do also avoid opening the form builder in multiple tabs or windows when editing a form.
We'll wait for your response.
- rizzob95Answered on March 28, 2016 at 01:45 PMSoon as I log in and go into the "request forms" the error starts popping up. I only had one form open. It was fine the other day and now this pops up.
Engineered Systems CAD Designer/Draftsman
Energy Chain Systems
East Providence, RI
O: (800) 521-2747 ext. 176 | C: (401) 692-1426 | F: (401) 438-7270
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.
- CharlieAnswered on March 28, 2016 at 02:39 PM
I was able to replicate the problem when I cloned your form titled "Request Forms", it seems like it is specific only on that form.
Let me forward this to our developers for further investigation. Apologies for the inconvenience. We will update you as soon as this problem has been fixed.
- rizzob95Answered on March 29, 2016 at 08:44 AMExactly, there’s so much going on under the “request form” that I wouldn’t even know where to start finding the error. Also this is our main way of requesting things at our company and is used every day. I will very important to get it fixed so that I can continue to add to it and make modifications. Thank you very much for all your help.
- CharlieAnswered on March 29, 2016 at 09:40 AM
Again, apologies for the inconvenience. I see that this bug is already assigned to one of our developers and is marked as "Very Important". We should directly hear from the back-end team once this has been fixed.
- rizzob95Answered on March 29, 2016 at 09:45 AM
- CharlieAnswered on March 29, 2016 at 10:01 AM
It seems like the follow up problem you have is somewhat different from the original one we have here, although I presume it is the same form? It would be best if we will discuss it on a different thread. I went ahead and opened a separate thread for that concern. Please refer to this link instead: https://www.jotform.com/answers/804973. We will address it shortly.
- rizzob95Answered on March 29, 2016 at 10:45 AMOk thank you, there’s a lot of pressure on me when Jotform has errors…thank you for all your help.
- rizzob95Answered on March 29, 2016 at 10:45 AMI believe I can fix that problem as soon as we figure out that error. I can’t make any changes to the form until the error is gone because it won’t let me save any changes.
- CharlieAnswered on March 29, 2016 at 12:01 PM
Apologies, I understand. I'll try to notify the developer assigned on this and see if we can get an immediate update.
- rizzob95Answered on March 29, 2016 at 12:45 PMOk thank you
- rizzob95Answered on March 30, 2016 at 10:45 AM
How is everything going with the solution on this error?
- CharlieAnswered on March 30, 2016 at 12:04 PM
I wish I could give you a better response, unfortunately we still haven't received any news if the problem has been resolved. You could try cloning the form and experiment on the cloned one to see what might be causing the problem, you can remove some fields to see which one is causing the problem, I tried it but unfortunately you have a 369 fields and might take more time.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
- rizzob95Answered on March 30, 2016 at 12:45 PMThis isn’t good, unfortunately I have the entire company relying on these forms and without changing anything from one day to the next I now have this error which is hindering progress. I will work on it myself and try to make something work.
- CharlieAnswered on March 30, 2016 at 02:44 PM
I tried to look for the problem and found it, it seems to be related to this email notification:
Delete the email notification with the named "Rapid Prototype", let the page finish loading, exit the wizard and hit the "Save" button.
The form should continue to save and you would be able to edit it now properly.
Let us know if that works.
- rizzob95Answered on March 30, 2016 at 03:45 PMThank you for finding the problem, that was it……..BUT, how do I create an e-mail for that form? If I delete it and recreate a new one I get the error again.
- rizzob95Answered on March 30, 2016 at 03:45 PMIt seems like I’m not allowed to add another e-mail notification, I did a test one not linking to the rapid prototype from is still the error comes back.
- rizzob95Answered on March 30, 2016 at 04:45 PMIs there a limit for how many forms I can have under one master form? The “request form” has numerous forms with in it and many conditions, will this be a problem especially when I will be adding more and more?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 30, 2016 at 07:13 PM
The ticket report submitted by our colleague Charlie was already assigned to one of our developer. I suggest we wait for updated notice from our developer regarding the status of the problem.
From what I understand, the multiple different issue you are encountering on the form right now were all related to the "Form Properties" error happening on this specific form.
Until the bug/issue is fixed, I don't think we can make this form work properly as intended.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We will notify you here for any news/updates on the status.
- rizzob95Answered on March 31, 2016 at 10:45 AMAs far as I know the bug was found but which was the e-mail notification, I deleted it but I’m still waiting to see why I can’t recreate a new one without getting an error. Do you know if anyone is addressing that issue?
- CharlieAnswered on March 31, 2016 at 12:14 PM
Yes that is correct, we found out that the last notification is causing the problem, it remains a total of 13 notifications, when we add the 14th notification the error comes up. For now we might need to wait for the developers to see what causes this problem. Rest assure that someone is already assigned on the bug report. But I'm continuously testing it to see if we can find possible workarounds. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- rizzob95Answered on March 31, 2016 at 12:45 PMThank you…with this issues it raises a lot of questions for me and the future expansion. We had intensions on having a master form that included a drop down with all the forms in it…Now I questions if it’s possible.
- CharlieAnswered on March 31, 2016 at 03:06 PM
I understand. The forms and form builder are continuously being improved, there might be times that we'll encounter some bugs and glitches, but we do try our best to learn more those errors and help our developers to improve the product. We appreciate your use of our product.
- rizzob95Answered on April 04, 2016 at 11:45 AMAny updates on the notification error?
- CharlieAnswered on April 04, 2016 at 12:58 PM
Apologies. We still haven't received any update yet from the developer assigned on this bug ticket. We will update you as soon as we hear any news. I'll notify him again about this follow up.
- rizzob95Answered on April 04, 2016 at 01:45 PMThank you
- rizzob95Answered on April 07, 2016 at 08:45 AMAny progress?
- CharlieAnswered on April 07, 2016 at 10:16 AM
I'm sorry, but we still haven't heard any news from our developers. Rest assure that they are also getting your follow up responses here.
- rizzob95Answered on April 07, 2016 at 10:45 AMI hope we can find a solution to the problem soon; I have a lot of work to do. Unfortunately I might be forced to search other options.
- CharlieAnswered on April 07, 2016 at 12:05 PM
I understand. I'll try to find the bug and see if I can find another possible solution while the developers are still doing their own investigation. Apologies.
- rizzob95Answered on April 07, 2016 at 12:45 PMI do appreciate it Charlie, I rely on these forms everyday….They are very important
- rizzob95Answered on April 08, 2016 at 02:45 PMI just went into my form today to look at something and I’m getting the “form properties not found!” error again, I didn’t even have a chance to make a change. So essentially I can’t have my company use the product because I am unable to fix, add or modify the forms. I understand that this out of your hands but this is a big problem for me and will be forced to find another program that will be reliable. If you are able to refer me to the person working on the issue maybe I can communicate or even help with anything on my end to get this resolved. Unfortunately I have people relying on me to get this issue fixed, please let me know if I can help in any way, thank you.
- rizzob95Answered on April 08, 2016 at 03:45 PMCharlie I may have an idea of what could be wrong. Are you able to get into the “request forms” log and save? If so I’m wondering about it possible being a browser issue.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on April 08, 2016 at 05:36 PM
I have run some tests with a cloned version of your form, and I think that there might be some issue caused by the size of the form (more than 300 fields on form). I was able to add more form fields and save the form once I deleted some of the old fields.
Note, that this is not safe to delete the form fields since we remove associated data from a form submissions page. You may consider cloning the form, and removing some old sections (if there are any), then add your modifications and use cloned version of the form as your new form.
We will let you know if we have any updates from our technicians.
- KapskiyTurAnswered on April 09, 2016 at 01:39 PM
I'm getting the same error...
I've tried to back track and delete the last couple of changes I made, but I can't save it as I still get the error.
I tried to close the browser and open again, but the saved version has an issue.
Would really hope I have not lost the couple of days work setting it up!!!
I cloned the form... deleted some of the last stuff I added and got it working again!!!
You are a superstar!!!
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on April 09, 2016 at 02:15 PM
@KapskiyTur our developers will update us, when this gets fixed, via this thread.
- rizzob95Answered on April 11, 2016 at 09:45 AMAll the forms under the master “request forms” are active and being used every day, there aren’t any old forms. So if I understand correctly we might be limited to the amount of forms created within one drop down menu? If so I may have to rethink future addition. My main objective was to have one link to all forms and have everyone just be able to click the drop down menu and select the form they needed. I did not want to have a link to each form that could get cumbersome and confusing.
- rizzob95Answered on April 11, 2016 at 09:45 AMWell at least I know it’s not just me or my browser. I hope to find a solution to this problem, I’m doing my best to think of every possible option but nothing I’ve tried has worked.
- CharlieAnswered on April 11, 2016 at 10:24 AM
It looks like based from my colleague and our observations, your form breaks at some point because of the number of form fields in it. You can create unlimited number of forms, however, the number of fields will surely have a limit. It your case, it seems like we have hit the limit, that is why whenever we remove a field or a property the error goes away, but when we make changes and added new fields or properties, the error appears again.
If you have multiple forms, I strongly suggest create them separately, then use one form as a means to display them in one view.
Here's an example:
1. I'll create three forms:
Form 1 - Main Form
Form 2 - E-Chain Drawing Request
Form 3 - E-Chain Assembly Request
2. Now, instead of adding all the forms in one main form, I'll use Form 1 as a way to display them. Form 1 will not be submitted, its just a viewer.
3. First, get the form URLs of Form 2 and Form 3. Mine are:
Form 2 => https://form.jotform.com/61014039033946
Form 3 => https://form.jotform.com/61014036497957
4. In my Form 1 - Main Form. I'll add a drop down field to show what form to display.
5. I'll add an iFrame embed widget to display Form 2 and Form 3 in my main form.
6. I'll then setup conditional logic to display the iFrame embed widget depending on the drop down option selected. Here's my main form: https://form.jotform.com/61013616821951. The main form does not have a submit button because we are displaying Form 2 and Form 3 inside a frame where users can submit.
With that, we can easily manage each form because they are created separately. This also gives the main form little stress because we are not adding a lot of elements on it, instead, we are just using iFrame embed widget to display multiple forms. With this setup, even if you have around 30 iframe widgets, representing 30 forms, it won't be that stressful to the main form.
I understand that it would take some time to recreate your forms individually, so to help you further, you can just clone the form fields into a new form by using this app: https://apps.jotform.com/app/field_manager.
I hope that helps while the problem is still unresolved.
- rizzob95Answered on April 11, 2016 at 10:45 AMI think this is exactly what I need, If I’m understanding this correctly I’m only creating the lists of the forms with separate links to them but they aren’t all under one form. They still have them benefit of having a drop down menu but once selected it uses it’s separate link to that individual form?
- CharlieAnswered on April 11, 2016 at 11:39 AM
Yes, you are just displaying the forms in one main form by using the iFrame embed widget, instead of giving your users the individual links to your forms, we just let them use the main form and choose a drop down list then load the selected form using the widget.
I strongly suggest cloning the main form and start your changes on the cloned form, with that, we don't need to change or edit your original form. I see your form has around 8000+ submissions, we don't want to lose data when you remove form fields. Here's a guide on how to clone your form: https://www.jotform.com/help/27-How-to-clone-an-existing-form-from-your-account
Let us know if you need more help on this.
- rizzob95Answered on April 11, 2016 at 11:45 AMI think this is what I was looking for, Thank you Charlie and the Jotform team! I will work on this and keep this thread in case I have trouble.
Thank you again.
- KapskiyTurAnswered on May 10, 2016 at 08:04 AM
I finally got back into the office and am now trying this out.
Part of my problem is that I need all the data to eventually be together in one spread sheet.
So, in one booking I will have the details of all the passengers, their dietary requirements, restaurant bookings, hotel bookings etc...
I don't mind if it is split into separate sheets, as long as I can automatically assign a unique code to be able to pull it all into a single sheet in Excel.
Thanks for looking into this for me!
- KapskiyTurAnswered on May 10, 2016 at 08:33 AM
Oooh Charlie, another question.
I used the clone function to make 11 lists. Now I see that when I deleted the fields it did not delete the "Conditions". So I have about 120 rules per form. most of them not functioning.
I started deleting them one by one... but will go crazy before the task is done.
Is there a way of doing it back-end? or can you do it for me?
- KadeJMAnswered on May 10, 2016 at 10:43 AM
We understand you are now trying this out but are having some sort of issue that is related to it.
I have moved your questions to two new separate issues as those are separate follow-up problems and in the future we ask that you please open up new questions in a new thread.