- webflunkyAsked on March 30, 2016 at 08:02 PMJust want to say that I ALWAYS used the plain text method and am extremely unhappy with the new wizard. People want to be able to copy and paste the text in the emails and it's hard to do that with a table format. I'm very sorry to see that option go. Will the old Email Wizard be around forever? Some of these wizards just create more work for us. :-(
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 30, 2016 at 08:19 PM
It still is possible to setup Plain Text only message using the new Email UI.
Please see the video below on how I was able to do it on my test.
The first thing to do is delete the message body content and you can start adding the plain text content.
In my test the plain text message result was like this
You can also clone my test form so that you can review it on your Form Builder.
user guide: How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- webflunkyAnswered on April 15, 2016 at 03:22 PM
Thank you, that does work just fine. I also found that if I just put my cursor in any of the table cells and select all and copy, I can paste it into TextSoap (for example) to clean it up, remove tabs, spaces, etc., then paste it back in after I've deleted the table completely. So, I'm good with this.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 15, 2016 at 04:32 PM
Thank you for updating and sharing tihs to us. :-) We are glad to know that all is good.
We also now have a user guide about it here How-to-Have-Text-Only-Message-Format-in-Email
- nickatoddAnswered on May 12, 2017 at 11:56 AM
I also need plain text emails for submitting entries to my CRM. No matter how much I clean the text up, JotForm changes the source code and adds back in HTML tags that break the CRM can't read.
- SvenAnswered on May 12, 2017 at 01:01 PM
If you delete the HTML code, JotForm will not add anymore code and will just send the email in plain text, I have just tested it, here's how you to clean up the HTML code:
After I sent the email, I received a plain text email, please see:
Hope this helps, let us know if you need any further help.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 12, 2017 at 03:02 PM
I created a separate thread for you so that we can assist you properly. Please wait for our reply on this thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1143416.