- WorldRadioJoshAsked on April 04, 2016 at 10:57 AM
I have a PDF report that needs modified to allow for an additional form field that was added. How do you add new fields to a PDF report?
- BenAnswered on April 04, 2016 at 01:01 PM
If you have customized your PDF of the submitted data, it will not get updated automatically, if not, it will.
Since you have asked this question, it means that you had at some point modified the layout of your PDF and as such you would need to reset it first in order to get the new fields on it.
Please note that this means that all changes you have done so far will be lost and you need to recreate them again, but you will have all of the new fields present.
Now to reset the PDF you would need to do the following:
1. Go to Submissions Panel and click on Get PDF button to get to the Customize PDF option.
2. Now click on the Reset button on the right part of the toolbar
Important Note: You should now close the tab. If you click on the Save button, you have cancelled your reset. Instead you should be closing it right after reset to make sure that it is actually re-set.
Now repeat the same steps as above to go back to the PDF designer. At this time, you should see all of the form fields being present on it.
- WorldRadioJoshAnswered on April 04, 2016 at 01:26 PM
Darn, I was hoping this wasn't the case but I guess it can't be avoided. Thank you for your help!