- ReinholdAsked on March 02, 2012 at 03:46 AM
Hi there jotform-team,
i love your service runing at our fanpage
i would love to get the form run with own icon
tried it with your manual
but it didn't work
can you please help me to get it run with our own icon? that would be fanastic.
thank you realy much
greetings from germany
- gori-mathewAnswered on March 02, 2012 at 04:23 AM
Thanks for your compliments and appreciation of this service. We do get great motivation and encouragement from such good comments from our esteemed clients.
Kindly use this link with tutorials which will be helpful to assist you be able to run it on own icon;
Kindly feedback and lets know whether you were assisted.
- seechatAnswered on March 02, 2012 at 04:52 AM
thank you for your quick answer - i forgot someting...
now i could add it on our page but it doesn't work it shows up with a error 404 can you please check and help us with that?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH ;)
- seechatAnswered on March 02, 2012 at 05:10 AM
but noting helps... please help me thank you very much
- gori-mathewAnswered on March 02, 2012 at 06:19 AMHi ; Receiving an Error 404 message? This error appears whenever a page cannot be found on a website’s server. This could be a page on the internet or on an internal network. i would kindly request you to whether ; i. The URL written in the Address Bar may have incorrectly been written. ii The link to the page may be broken. iii. The page may have been moved to another site. Please try to 1. Re-type the URL again. 2. Run tests to see if you can access the server, ping the url, Kindly feedback and give us results of pings. Regards Mathew
- seechatAnswered on March 02, 2012 at 06:31 AM
can you please help me to get it work?
that is what it looks like
secure canvas https://secure.jotform.me/form/13454756391/
but it shows the 404 if i open the app
Thank you very much.
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on March 02, 2012 at 06:57 AM
Your form is perfectly working here: https://www.facebook.com/seechat/app_176217385757369
With regards to your icon question, I think you can't change it because it's something to do with the tabpress app and you aren't allowed to change it. It's no longer part of JotForm app, so it's not something to do on our end.
Please let us know if you have further questions. Thank you so much!
- seechatAnswered on March 02, 2012 at 07:07 AM
okay please let me know if there is a solution in the future... would be perferct
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on March 02, 2012 at 07:39 AM
The guide you referred to - http://www.jotform.com/help/82-Add-Form-to-Facebook-using-an-iframe-application -is already deprecated (outdated).
Below is an updated one which allows you to have your custom icon for the fanpage tab:
Basically, you'll be creating your own custom Facebook application so that gives you the freedom to choose your own icon. It also won't have a footer link (as with Tabpress).
Inform us if you're experiencing difficulties implementing this solution.