What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
populating a field from a hidden drop down with a default value on submitAsked by superiorglove on April 05, 2016 at 11:46 AM
We have a number of hidden drop downs that contain predefined values set as defaults. Conditional logic on another field is supposed to copy the value from the predefined field to a common field for display in the thank you page.
It seems that the common field is not always updated with the correct value.
There are 81 conditionals the fire based on a drop down for selecting and industry (27 industries * 3 stats). Is there a better way of achieving what we a looking to do?
Our form is: Clone of Safety
Can you also please respond to email@example.com since I am doing the work for the account holder.
I see that there are 3 categories that the conditions being set on your form. To my understanding, the default values from the textbox/dropdown values based on selection of Industry field are displayed in the Thank you page.
Please allow me sometime to check on this and get back to you with relevant information. Thank you for your patience.
Thank you for being patient. Here is a demo form that I come up after checking your JotForm.
Here is what I did on the form to decrease the count of conditions, fields on the form.
1. I choose radio buttons instead of drop down fields. These fields can be hidden later once we are done with the calculations on the form.
2. I've assigned the calculation values for each statistic based on the Industry. This can avoid having multiple fields with default values on the form.
3. Please make sure that you are having the same options set on each statistic as we have in the Industry.
4. I set the conditions to copy the Industry value to the each statistic based on the selection.
5. Since we need to get the calculation value of the statistic to display in the Thank you page, we add the calculation widget for each statistic to the form to get the calculation value of the statistic based on the Industry field selection.
6. Now, on the Thank you page you can display the value of the Calculation widget field for the selected industry.
You may clone the form to your account to see how it works.
Hope this information helps! If you need any further assistance, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.