- GMFCanadaAsked on March 03, 2012 at 11:59 AM
1. Can we modify the Quick tools address default fields. I would like to change the province field with a pull down to list all the provinces.
2. I would need to control the type of characters entered in the Postal to make sure then the information entered is letter, number, letter, number, letter, number ex:J0H2aO
- SeanDavisAnswered on March 03, 2012 at 01:58 PM
I could not find a way to validate an entry character by character for your postal code example.. However, there are other tips you can give to the visitors so they fill in correct data.. Have a look here for some Best Practices for Creating Web Forms
I think, Hover Text & Hint Example are handy features for your case..
- anartworkAnswered on March 03, 2012 at 03:04 PM
You can actually control the type of characters entered on the Postal field. Just open the form for editing, click on the entry you wanted to edit, click settings on the right side (the gear icon), choose "show properties" and then click on Validation. Soon as you do that, you will be able to choose from the dropdown list (email, alphanumeric, numeric, etc.,).
Also, you won't be able to edit the dropdown list on the address field by yourself as it is special function of the form. However, you can set a default country on its settings.
Hope that helps :)
- GMFCanadaAnswered on March 03, 2012 at 03:06 PM
The problem for the postal code is then a use can enter anything and the province i would like to offer all the Canadian provinces in a pull down.
- GMFCanadaAnswered on March 03, 2012 at 03:22 PM
I did look at those options and it dont go fare enough.
I want to force a letter number letter number letter number.
Here is an example J6R5T2 That is a Canadian postal code
Another example would be to write a telephone number 000-000-0000 .
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on March 03, 2012 at 06:44 PM
That is something JotForm will look into for sure. At the moment, forcing the postal code to have a Letter-Number-Letter-Number isn't possible. And for the Postal dropdown, you can have it using Form Tools > Dropdown - problem is it will not be on the same alignment as the rest of the address field.
You have a very good idea and would be a cool addition to jotform.