- mazmcewanAsked on April 14, 2016 at 06:07 AM
Im using the date picker on a form. In the settings i have it set to 'show todays date'.
When filling out the form, todays date is shown correctly, however the submission reads 'false' unless you click into the picker and choose the date again.. which kinda defeats the purpose.
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on April 14, 2016 at 07:34 AM
According to the tests I made, "Date Picker" widget is returning a "false" value when the "Show Today's Date?" option is selected as "Yes". So, I will report this issue to the widget team; but while this process is continuing you can try to use "DateTime" field to achieve the same scenario on your form.
If you set its settings like the following, it will show the current date:
You will be informed through email, when there is an update.
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on April 14, 2016 at 07:43 AM
The issue is now forwarded to the next level.
- mazmcewanAnswered on April 14, 2016 at 08:00 AM
Thanks for that - I have just selected 'No' for that option which seems to work on other forms. I'll await a fix.
- JotForm UI DevelopermertAnswered on April 14, 2016 at 09:14 AM
You are most welcome, glad to see you have found a fix. The solution you found could be the another method to fix this problem.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on May 05, 2016 at 02:24 AM
We've fixed the default value setting - "false" will not be sent as a submission value when using the default date. Please check.
Sorry for the inconvenience.