- armandoluceroAsked on March 06, 2012 at 01:03 AM
Jotform is not appearing correctly in Safari, Chrome, or Opera, and maybe others, it is however, appearing correctly in Firefox. I have tried deleting some of the entries and rebuilt them without success. I have included a picture below. The image on the left is Firefox and Safari on the right.
In Safari, the hint does not appear correctly and the hover over the radio buttons does not show.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 01:25 AM
Can you share with us the screen resolution of your browser? I have checked using Firefox, Chrome and Safari but what I'm seeing is similar to the screenshot on the left. I have a 1366 x 768 screen resolution.
You can also check your browser's settings if it is zoomed to normal (100%)
- armandoluceroAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 01:50 AM
I am not sure where I would find the resolution settings in Safari. As for Chrome and Opera, the page zoom settings are at 100%. I am still not getting the same results as in Firefox. I have a 17-inch (1920 x 1200) on Macbook Pro Early 2008.
I also reset my browsers using CleanMyMac just to make sure it was not the Cache.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 02:38 AM
Thank you for your detailed response, armandolucero.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Edit your form
2. Select the Address (text area) field and press right click (or any equivalent)
3. Click Move to a new line
Let us know if this still does not work for you after making the change.
- armandoluceroAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 02:47 AM
I had previously tried that before posting this issue here, and I just tried it again without success. I followed your instructions and moved to new line and got the same results.
It is working now! I am not sure what I did at the moment. Maybe resetting the browsers did it. Thank you for your help.
- armandoluceroAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 03:09 AM
The hint is still not showing correctly in Safari. It is still appearing cutoff.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 04:00 AM
It's not only Safari in which the hint (hover text) is appearing incorrectly. For one thing, its arrow is misplaced. I'll see what solution I can come up with.
- armandoluceroAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 04:20 AM
The misplaced arrow is my fault. I edited the injected css. I can fix that part. I only need the hint to work.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 05:01 AM
In which version of Safari (and in which OS: Windows or Mac) is the hint not being displayed correctly? It seems to be correct on my end:
Incidentally, I know you stated that you can fix the arrow but reducing the value of the top property in the .form-description-arrow-small rule to 74px will correct its appearance (unless you prefer the current look).
- armandoluceroAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 05:10 AM
The hint within Safari, under additional comments is the problem. Thank you for your assistance on the CSS! Here is what is seen:
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 05:15 AM
Oh sorry. You really did mean the hint example! I suspect that problem is beyond the control of injected CSS and we may have to submit a ticket to our developers to get it fixed but let me see if I can correct it first.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 05:45 AM
Yes, I can confirm after running tests at BrowserStack.com that the problem is occurring in the latest version Safari (5.1) in both Mac and Windows. Before issuing the ticket I need to perform additional checks in both OSs just to be sure the issue is isolated to Safari.
- armandoluceroAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 05:59 AM
Thank you so much for your help! I will use Hover until there is a solution for the Hint. I am also looking forward to when Jotform will bring back Submission Number Limit.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 07:30 AM
Just to update you, my tests indicated that the problem is indeed occurring in just Safari 5.1 and the ticket has been submitted.
Regarding the submission limit feature, your comment has been duly noted.