- FletchAsked on March 06, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Hi Guys, I have created a form http://jotformpro.com/form/20615357836962 When I try to view/submit etcthe form in excel, a green fill takes the place of my headers and the title headers words are not visible. Any Ideas? It would be really helpful to see the headers when I check the submission.
- SeanDavisAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 01:05 PM
The green background is default when submissions are exported to Excel, however, the text is black. I am not sure why you are not able to view the text. You could try selecting the first row in your Excel Export and change the font color to black.
There are 2 ways to download submissions to Excel: (You can try an alternate to how you are currently doing)
1) Via Reports. Have a look at this help manual for steps.
2) Via Sumission Link. Have a look at the help doc which explains this.
Hope this helps..
- FletchAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 01:15 PM
Thanks Sean for your prompt answer. However I tried changing the top line text to black to see if it showed up, but it does not :( I also tried both ways to download into excel, same thing with both ways :(
I'll keep an eye out on the forum for any ideas.
- SeanDavisAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 01:20 PM
Maybe try attaching your excel output in this post with only the top row to investigate..
- FletchAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 01:44 PM
I would love to attach it, but please excuse my ignorance, I cannot see how to.
- fxrAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 02:05 PM
How exactly is the excel file being generated?
- FletchAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 06:46 PM
Hi again, I clicked on "my forms" my forms appear in a list, I click/highlight the form in question as per my earlier link, then click either submission or report, then I can download submission as an excel file or a csv file, when I do I get the green headers, if I try the report way, same thing happens. :( either way no headers.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 07:12 PM
Edward, thank you for provided information.
You do not have any submissions on that form, that is why excel report is not generating headers. Please make a test submission in order to solve the problem.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help you.
- FletchAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 07:45 PM
Bloody marvelous, you guys rock, operator error, if only I had a brain ;) your stuff is really good, thanks again.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on March 06, 2012 at 07:50 PM
We are more than happy to provide you assistance.
Thank you for using our services!