What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Showing different fields based on the 'Enter your County' user inputAsked by JeffreyBaxter on April 22, 2016 at 12:27 PM
If their county is on a list I provide... of 40 some counties, they get an extended form to fill out. If not they get a "Sorry" notification.
Has anyone achieved something similar to this in JotForm?
Please take a look at the following scenario.
1) Add an Auto Complete field with a list of supported counties.
2) Add the "sorry" message based on a Text field.
3) Add a 'SHOW / HIDE FIELD' condition to show the sorry message when the county field value contains one of the unsupported counties. You will need to list unsupported county values separated by comma.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
I missed the part about extended form to fill out, so here is a possible solution.
4) Add a Form Collapse element with Visibility[Hidden] and Status[Open].
Extended fields should be under the Form Collapse element.
5) Add a 'SHOW / HIDE FIELD' condition to show the Form Collapse element when the county value contains one of supported counties.