- CarlyeAsked on April 25, 2016 at 11:07 PM
I am wanting to set up an online assessment that I can set a minimum passing score and track attempts of learners. I would also like to set the amount of attempts to pass the quiz to 3. Is this possible with jotforms?
- CharlieAnswered on April 26, 2016 at 04:15 AM
This should be possible.
1. First, how to we calculate the passing score? You can do that by simply assigning calculation values on your options. Here's a guide about it: https://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value
2. To calculate the total score, you can use the Form Calculation widget. Here's a guide about it: https://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-Perform-Calculation-in-the-Form
3. The "Total Score" can be hidden so that your users won't be able to see the live score.
You can now use the Form Calculation widget in conditional logic, you can use it to redirect your users to another page, or display a different thank you page if they are below the passing score. To learn more about conditions, please check this guide:
Now with regards to the number of attempts, unfortunately, I believe it is not possible to automate that check. You can set submission limits but you cannot set specific number of attempts based on a unique identifier.
Here are the submission limit features that we have:
Now please note that our developers are current implementing a new UI or module for the "Preferences" so the settings might not be the same with the guides and with that you are seeing. But I suggest signing up an account to us so that we can better assist you. Account registration is free and we do not charge you with anything, unless of course you upgraded to our paid plans.
We'll wait for your response.
- CharlieAnswered on April 26, 2016 at 04:17 AM
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention. Here's the link to our conditional logic guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic