- hatzbsAsked on April 26, 2016 at 04:19 AM
I have the time set to automatically insert the current time. However, it is not showing the correct time when the form loads. It is showing one time on the mobile device, and one time on the computer, both of which are wrong.Page URL:
- CharlieAnswered on April 26, 2016 at 10:09 AM
I believe the "default" time in the datetime field will reflect on the user's own time. However, I see that it does not correctly state the current time when in 24 hour format.
Here's my test cloned form: https://form.jotform.com/61163930099963.
1. When I viewed it, it shows this:
2. This inaccuracy seems to happen when you enabled the following options:
3. When I disable that in my cloned form, it now shows the correct time:
Is this the same problem you are having? I'll forward this to our developers to have it checked and fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- hatzbsAnswered on April 26, 2016 at 10:44 AMYup. You got it. I'll disable that selection.
- CharlieAnswered on April 26, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Thank you for the confirmation. We will update you on this thread as soon as the problem has been resolved.
- JotForm SupportNicholasWestleyAnswered on May 23, 2016 at 08:35 AM
This has now been fixed. Sorry for the deay. The correct current time will be shown when "save user language" option is seleced in form languages wizard.