- MargjordanAsked on March 07, 2012 at 06:28 PM
- fxrAnswered on March 07, 2012 at 06:30 PM
As per our chat, I will give you a solution for this at some point tomorrow.
It is a little complex and I will need a little time to prepare some code.
I will update you then.
- MargjordanAnswered on March 07, 2012 at 06:31 PM
Thank you, sorry for the multiple posts.
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 05:57 AM
Remove your current JotForm embed code.
Then copy and paste the code here into your webpage, placing it just before your closing </body> tag, as shown below:
if you want to see what the final result looks like before adding the code, I have made a basic clone of your webpage here which shows the effect.
If you want any other tinkering done with the effect, let me know before you go to the trouble adding this new code.
- MargjordanAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 09:24 AM
It is a thing of beauty. THANK YOU. now I will try the donation tab.Hope I just have to sub a few ID#'s, colors and sizes.... if not I might be back!
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 09:50 AM
You are very welcome.
To do it on another form, it is exactly that, just a matter of changing form IDs, sizes and if applicable colors, but you may well find yourself getting bogged down trying work out what exactly where these changes need to be made.
Let us know if you do get stuck, or are not feeling particularly brave.
- MargjordanAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Tried subbing the form ID size etc. It does not show up at all. I am trying to use 2 forms on the same page. It worked fine when using the original embed codes except in IE (which my average viewer will use) Can you help again? I would be fine with a button (that makes a lightbox form) that I can place anywhere on the page. Just want to put contact and donation forms on multiple pages in a suble way, and using less space.
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 12:30 PM
You can load the forms this way of any type of link.
Let do these one form at a time.
Where do you want this to loaded from? the same page? and from what link?
What is the form ID/URL on JotForm that you want loaded?
- MargjordanAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Form 2: http://form.jotform.us/form/20603491972151
I can paste snippet anywhere in my page, so for "feedback tab" top right in a row. For a lightbox triggered by a button, anywhere I put the button. (I am not sure what you were asking) But they will usually be on the same page.
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 03:17 PM
I am still not sure exactly where you want to put this donate form.
Does it goes in the same page as the 'Get the latest news' form?
Or is it on a different location on that page? or on a different page on your website completely?
- MargjordanAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 03:45 PM
As you have it in the picture.
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 03:53 PM
Your news button & form borders is a darkish red color.
Is there any particular colour scheme you want for the 'donate' form and its button, or do I have complete artistic licence? :)
- MargjordanAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 03:59 PM
NO license for you. Darkish= #4b306a
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 04:01 PM
OK. No worries :)
I will get back to you in a little bit.
- MargjordanAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 04:03 PM
Great, now work your magic!
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 04:21 PM
Is there anything you want me to change before I give you over the code?
- MargjordanAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 04:32 PM
oops, darkish = #c4262e and skip the exclamation points in both tabs.
Also, in the future, if I change these forms, will they auto change on my site? (Does ID remain the same?)
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 04:38 PM
#c4262e is the same colour as the 'Get latest news' button. Is that what you want?
Yes, the forms will auto update.
You may have height & width issues to deal with though in the lightbox.
- MargjordanAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 05:07 PM
Yes I want them the same color. By height and width issues you mean if I change the form, and the change changes the shape?
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 05:25 PM
Ok same color now.
Are you happy enough with that? http://pamppi.info/jotform-testing/lightbox/margjordan.html
I will provide a link to the code if you are.
If forms, after editing, have significant different dimensions (height & width), you many have to alter the lightbox code to reflect that.
The code that may need changed are highlighted in the graphic below (this is for the form 'Get latest news' )
- MargjordanAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 05:42 PM
I am very happy with that.
ready for the code.
- fxrAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 05:47 PM
OK, just replace the previous code with this:
Let me know if you have any problems.
- MargjordanAnswered on March 08, 2012 at 05:58 PM