- mattbanesAsked on May 07, 2016 at 04:55 PM
I think I may need help setting up the form properly. I received a form submission today and the prospect said he had attached a sketch for me to review (not a huge file). In my Outlook inbox there was no attachment to the form. In the Jotform portal I can see the attachment but when I open it it does not work.
1. Can you fix the problem so I receive attachments along with form submissions in my inbox?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 07, 2016 at 06:00 PM
You can review the submission data and access the uploaded files on your forms in the Submission view panel when logged in to your account.
User guide: How-to-view-Submissions
Please take note that the uploaded file itself will not be included as attachment in the Email of the submissions. Only the URL link to the uploaded file will be available in the email message -- not as an attached file.
So what you see in the email inbox is correct -- the submission uploaded file will not be attached on the email.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- mattbanesAnswered on May 07, 2016 at 06:45 PMThanks but there was not even a link to the attachment in the email?
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on May 07, 2016 at 07:09 PM
I have created a clone version of your form. The possible reason why you didn't have the link to the uploaded file on the email you received is because the File Upload field in your form is not included in the content of the email that was sent to you.
It is, also, possible that that field was just recently added or was added after the Email Notification/Autoresponder was finalized and saved.
To fix the issue here's what you can do:
I hope this helps. Let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on June 29, 2016 at 08:29 AM
If you are looking to get the file uploads in the form as an email attachment then we have a great news for you. Files uploaded to your form can now be sent as an attachment on email notifications. Please give it a try and let us know if you have any feedback.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on June 29, 2016 at 08:29 AM
We have a great news for you. It is now possible to send the file uploads as email attachments with the email notifications.
Please give it a try and let us know if you have any feedback.
You can learn more about this feature at our blog post below: