JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
I want to disable Submit/Next button based on a condition?Asked by meghajain19 on May 18, 2016 at 03:02 AM
My form link
Here I am using a Text Area with a Error message. I want my Submit button to be disabled till the time error is corrected.
If a pop-up can come disabling entire form with error message then nothing like it
Unfortunately, you cannot disable the submit buttons or the next button using the conditional logic. But you can just simply hide them when the error message is displayed.
I checked your form and I believe you can simply add it on the conditional logic on your error message.
Here's an example form: https://form.jotform.com/61382958735973
1. First, select the conditions for your text error messages, edit them.
2. In the conditional logic setting, click the "+" button to add a new "DO" statement. We want to hide the submit button and the next button the same rules why the error message will be displayed. But in this case, we use the "Hide Multiple" action.
3. Now repeat the same steps on the other error messages. You can in my test cloned form how it looks like. You'll see that the submit and next buttons will be hidden.
4. I also suggest that you fix the errors in your conditions. You have a lot of them, that might caused problems in your end.
5. To learn more about conditional logic, you can check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
Let us know if that works.