- MartyGAsked on March 15, 2012 at 06:30 PM
- jeanettebmzAnswered on March 15, 2012 at 06:43 PM
What you need to do is :
Go to your form and copy from it the iframe code
it starts with <iframe ;"
check for the TAG scrolling and change it to "yes", by default it comes "no" and tell me what happens.
Unfortunately I don't have at hand a device like those to reproduce the error.
But you still experience issues. Let us know and we will assign this to second level .
- MartyGAnswered on March 15, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I followed your advice and changed the NO to YES...but, while using my Blackberry, I still can NOT see my Jotform form when accessing my .com site. I cannot check my .mobi right now, but if the form is not visible on my .com site, then I cannot use the form! I hope you have other options for me to try. Thanks.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on March 15, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Let me assign this matter to 2nd level in this case. Hope they come with another idea
- mhkonlineshopingforwomenAnswered on August 23, 2013 at 10:53 AMI am having the same problem with the jotform not working on mobile device 70% of my target audience use mobile to do everything these days if jotform is not mobile equip why use it I have been spending most days explain my customer why they can access my Facebook forms and fill like full time job I don't think am got to re subscribe with u guys next year they must be a better solution out there
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 23, 2013 at 02:54 PM
We would appreciate if you open a new thread for your particular issue and will be gladly to assist you