- VogelaarAsked on May 30, 2016 at 03:43 AMI use the notification for approval.
Some questions are "Yes I will do so" answers
But the text for that question is long and not readable:
So I put the "question" in a text field to be able to show the respondent a readable text:
As you see, this is a lot more frendly to read
Problem is that I still need the question.
So I add a question (radio) with only 1 option and WITHOUT a question text (or small)
These big text fields do not popup in the notification, as they are no questions.
So I manipulate the question text in the notification.
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on May 30, 2016 at 03:47 AM
Yes, you're right. If you don't have any question it doesn't visible in notifications. To solve that issue, you can add question and hide these questions. To solve that issue please check the guide below for more information: https://www.jotform.com/help/198-How-to-Remove-Field-Labels-in-a-Form
If you have any question or issues, please do not hesitate contacting us. We will be glad to assist you.
- VogelaarAnswered on June 09, 2016 at 09:38 AM
This is not a real option, as a question is still a question and not a readable HTML text...
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on June 09, 2016 at 10:27 AM
It seems I misunderstand your question. We would appreciate it if you could provide more information about your issue. We will wait for your response.
- VogelaarAnswered on June 09, 2016 at 11:17 AM
Please see the 2 screenshots in the original post
I want in the survey a nice to read text, not all written behind eachother.
In the notification I als need the complete text.
Now a question is as first schreenshot: question that also come on the notification, but is not nice to read in the survey.
Now a HTML text item in the survey (second screenshot) is not coming back in the notification.
What I'm looking for:
HTML text formating of a question that wil come on the notification as shown in the survey
hope that is helping you?
- BorisAnswered on June 09, 2016 at 12:59 PM
You can simply edit your email notification, and manually insert/paste the "question" before the answer of the user.
To edit the email notification, simply click on Emails, and then Edit button of the email notification:
Once you are editing your email notification, you can simply copy/paste the "question" text and place it just before the answer:
You can use the buttons at the top of the email editor to insert a new column or row if necessary, and than paste the text of your question into that new row or column:
Please let us know if you need further assistance, we'll be happy to help. Thank you.
- VogelaarAnswered on June 09, 2016 at 03:40 PM
and that's my problem because it is mixed up when using Hide questions : https://www.jotform.com/answers/857042-Notification-shows-hided-questions#3
So, when the question is made up right and will show up right on the notification, and is hided as expected I'm very happy ;-)
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on June 09, 2016 at 06:43 PM
Please be noted that the feature Hide fields when empty works only with default email template. If there are any changes made to the Notification table, the empty fields will be shown in the notification. Adding an HTML text to the notification will break this rule and empty fields will be displayed in the notification.
Since you say that the label of the fields with long text are not readable, I think you can add <br/> tag at the end of each line for the label of the field so that they are formatted correctly.
For instance, the following field label
<b>Herewith we/I confirm that:</b><br/><br/><br/>
1. the Albert Heijn protocol for residue control will be implemented according to the indicated time schedule.<br/><br/>
2. independent sample takers and auditors are allowed to enter pack houses and fields. The company will offer assistance and guidance to the sample takers and auditors to complete their tasks and will secure their safety. Produce to take samples from will be available as agreed with the independent sample taker.<br/><br/>
3. the service provider will be informed by the supplier directly when analysis results of own samples of Albert Heijn produce are exceeding the limits defined by Albert Heijn. This will be done via survey notification system: http://Exceeding-Notification.surveyconsole.com<br/><br/>
will be displaying on the form as shown below
By enabling the Hide Empty fields using the old wizard can also help you in hiding the field when the field is not shown on the form.
Please check the following form that might help you in this regard.
If you select the option in this form, it will be displaying properly in the email since we have <br/> tags in the label. If it is not selected, it will not be displayed in the notification since we have enabled Hide Empty fields using old preferences wizard.
Please check and let us know if that helps.
- VogelaarAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 02:48 AM
That's helping a lot!
- VogelaarAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 04:31 AM
This is also not a real solution....
code is working only once...
If you need te change the question all code is gone...
- CarinaAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 05:05 AM
Unfortunately that is correct, if you need to change the answer you need to paste the code again, but you can just have the code saved on a text editor, edit it on the text editor and then paste again it in the label.
Any other solution will be much more complex, so I would really recommend this one.
Let us know if we can assist you further.