- rcharlypAsked on June 03, 2016 at 03:56 PM
I had been working in updates in my former but then I got an email that I reach the API limit for my account, that means 1000 API, so what is that mean? Explain in an easy way to understand. Thanks
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 03, 2016 at 05:52 PM
You can check the apps and API keys being used by your account in your My Account section.
It seems like th Android app was the one doing a lot of API calls. This was the reason you got a notification about the API limit reached.
The API Key limits reset every day midnight EST.
Here are the daily limits per account type.
Hope this help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- rcharlypAnswered on June 03, 2016 at 06:09 PM
Lol, I don't understand how I reached the limit? Is it count by clicks or how do you measure the API? Is it every time I push the Send button?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 03, 2016 at 07:46 PM
The JotForm Android app uses API to work. Whenever the app is used, it will make an API call (or simply put, uses API).
Unfortunately, I cannot provide you info how it reached/used limit since there is no record or log for such process.
Please let us know if there are still issue.
- rcharlypAnswered on June 03, 2016 at 07:52 PM