- abel01Asked on March 23, 2012 at 12:39 PM
SERVICE DOWN Account not Working…..
I just upgrade my account to Premium because I start having problems with my forms thinking because my forms are to big BUT the problem still there. I CAN’T SEE MY FORMS ON MY WEBSITE it works before. DID YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR SERVICE NOW.
User name: abel01
Any help Thanks,
Audio Visual Language, Inc.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on March 23, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Service is not down. There must be a problem/conflict with the page. If you can provide the URL of the page we can help you.
If there is a conflict with your page, try using the IFrame code. Here is how you can get it. Open your form on the Form Builder:
1. Open "Setup & Embed" tab on toolbar,
2. Click on "Embed Form"
3. Click on "iFrame".
- abel01Answered on March 23, 2012 at 01:39 PMI try now with the “iFrame Form” doesn’t work fine at loading.
I attach the error sometimes work but most I just take long to load the form.
This is the URL: http://www.hablandoingles.com/test
- jeanettebmzAnswered on March 23, 2012 at 02:13 PM
Your form seems to be working fine from my side, I was able to open it with Chrome, Firefox and IE8
Here you you have a screenshot of your page viewed on IE8
And this is the one in FIREFOX
Try to clear your browser cache. I also would suggest you to contact your ISP
Hope this helps
- abel01Answered on March 23, 2012 at 04:18 PMOk but I try with computers with IE 8 and works, but my have IE 9 and I try with other ones with IE 9 and I have the same problem loading do you check on that IE 9 to see it works fine?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on March 23, 2012 at 04:36 PM
If you already tried with iFrame, and it works ok in IE8, FF and Chrome, you would probably need to reset the security settings for IE9 and clear the browser. If that doesn't work, I also would suggest you to embed the source instead as show below
However in my opinion, it seems to be a conflic with IE9, let me know if my advices works , otherwise I might make a futher investigation
- abel01Answered on March 23, 2012 at 05:24 PMOk attach to screenshots one IE 9 and one FF using the “source code” first the IE 9 take more than 30 seconds to load. The FF is a two sec. max. and IE 9 doesn’t look right and you can see the labels out the place, the square bullets, and else, I think the forms with IE 9 had some issues, and IE 9 it’s a very popular browser here in my office the 4 PC I try only one had IE 8.
Please let me know,
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 23, 2012 at 06:13 PM
I also have IE 9 (since my OS is Windows 7). I tested your form, and it loaded just fine, with no delay or lag. See screen below. One thing you may want to compare is the IE 9 version (indicated by the red arrow). You may also want to checkout http://www.browserstack.com/ for cross-browser testing. I still tested your page there and they all displayed correctly.