JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
My form conditions to hide fields based on a date field are not workingAsked by afcpool on July 01, 2016 at 03:41 PM
I thought I had all this functioning, but now seems broken. On this form, there are date based registrations, which I had conditions on to hide them 10 days before the date is reached. It was working, but then someone seemed to get around them by going away from the form and then clicking back in their browser. I tried to fix this, but now the dates are showing anyway ... even after I changed the alerady past dates to manually hide the field.
It's the conditions that are based on the "Today's Date" field, right? If yes, that is because the field is hidden but the default value is not set. Set a default date to fix it. You can select "Current" from the Default Date option.
Thanks .. but that was just an error in moving back to a prior version of the form. The problem is that if you use the form (and follow these steps to see the issue for a user):
1. Click the radio button for Certificate Holder
2. Check the box for Swim Lesson Registration
3. Check the box for Morning Lessons
you will see that the first one showing is July 11 session. However, if you scroll back and click the link in
Click for AFC Website Swim Lesson Details including class descriptions
and then hit back in your browser, the hidden fields under the conditions (June 27 etc) show back up again!
I can't seem to find if there's a conflict in the conditions that is causing this, but the best way, for now, would be to change the link to open in a new window/tab. We do not recommend adding any HTML tags in the headers so please change it to our Text field instead: