- Alpine365Asked on July 03, 2016 at 09:29 AM
I have just noticed a problem with some of the date data coming from my form (link later). Essentially, it seems that SOME dates (entered via a date entry box on the form), if they are for the 1st of the month, do so not show up correctly in either the "Grid" view of submissions, or in the Excel/CSV views either. They show up fine in the Full submission view.
Here's two examples of what I get:
1. Date entered shows as Thursday, January 01, 1970 in the submission view
2. In the "grid" view, it shows as -1-1970
3. In CSV is comes up as =-1-1971 (which Excel treats as a formula, to make -1972)
1. Date entered shows as Tuesday, May 01, 1984 in the submission view)
2. In the "grid" view, it shows as -05-1984
3. In CSV is comes up as =-5-1984 (which Excel treats as a formula, to make -1989)
So it looks like, for reasons unknown, if the day is the first, this sometimes gets chopped off the date (01-05-1984 becomes -05-1984) which then makes the dates meaningless
NB I have noticed this with at least four different dates on 1st of a month - but I can confirm it is NOT with ALL dates on the first.
Looks like a bug of some sort, do please advise, it does mean I now have to manually check all my submission data for this error, which is a pain!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on July 03, 2016 at 10:08 AM
Thank you for reporting this matter to us, Alpine365. I searched for the said submissions and found them as how you described. Here is another part of the submission 343257277801743807
I have now escalated this matter to the development team. Once we have updates on this matter, we'll inform you right away.
Thanks for your patience and we apologize for this inconvenience.
- NicholasWestleyAnswered on July 10, 2016 at 06:27 AM
This was due to an error in the way date validation worked when the "don't auto popup calendar" was selected. This allowed users to enter dates without days under certain circumstances. This has now been fixed and the submission view has been fixed to reflect the fact that no day was entered. Unfortunately as the day was not filled out there is no way for you to know unless you contact the users and ask them what their real DOB is.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Alpine365Answered on July 12, 2016 at 01:56 PM
As ever, thanks very much for the full response to this issue.
Great customer service, much to recommend!
- BorisAnswered on July 12, 2016 at 02:12 PM
You're most welcome, we're very glad to hear your praise and that you are happy with our services.
As always, if you need assistance with anything else, please feel free to open a support thread about such concerns anytime, and we'll do our best to assist you.