- hiloz1Asked on July 05, 2016 at 12:31 AM
Mandatory answer has not been recorded in the database only 1.
Do you have such a thing?
I want you to do not occur this kind of thing.
Please contact us if you know the cause and remedy it.
Part of the sub-question.
- hiloz1Answered on July 05, 2016 at 12:41 AM
Answer mandatory questions have evolved into causes and must submit a report for the corresponding problem for the matter that has not been recorded in the database.
- Why has not it been recorded in the database
· The future whether you what kind of deal with to ensure does not occur the same sort of thing.
Please tell us more about.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 05, 2016 at 02:51 AM
I cloned your form and made some tests in the clone. I was unable to replicate the issue in the cloned form. All the submissions have the data that I entered in the form.
I checked the submissions on your form and I can confirm that one of the submission shows an empty data for the sub-question, even though it is set to required.
- hiloz1Answered on July 05, 2016 at 03:59 AM
I tried to set the widget of 'no script'.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 05, 2016 at 05:35 AM
- hiloz1Answered on July 05, 2016 at 06:20 AM
Required items were able to reproduce the circumstances that result in 'submit' in blank.
Sub-question to return to the form in the 'back button' is changed to the answer to be displayed, but it does not answer to the sub-question.
When you press the 'confirm' button, the form it has been sent.
There was no sub-question of the item in the data that arrived to the database.
Please tell me. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 05, 2016 at 08:47 AM
I tested again and was unable to replicate the problem. In my cloned form, the answers are not blank in the required fields.
Are you somehow embedding your form in a webpage? If so, can you please give us the url of the page where the form is embedded?
- hiloz1Answered on July 05, 2016 at 08:50 AM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 05, 2016 at 09:44 AM
I checked your form https://www.jotform.me/form/61128314212442 and I noted that there were Condition rules in your form that hide fields.
And in Preferences / Advance settings, the option for Clear Hidden Field Values was set to Clear on submit.
I believe the combination of this setup on the form was the one causing the submission on the specific hidden field/s to be cleared on form submission.
I suggest you set the option to "Don't Clear" for the hidden fields.
Re-embed also the form using its iframe embed code on your website after updating the advance settings.
Let us know if issue still persist even after doing the suggested modification.
- hiloz1Answered on July 05, 2016 at 11:05 AM
The setting of the ADVANCED of PREFERENCE according to you pointed out and save it changed to 'Dont't Clear', was re-embedding the iflame embed code to the site.
Was Chuck, it was okay.
The problem seems to have resolved.
Thank you very much.
- CharlieAnswered on July 05, 2016 at 11:17 AM
We're glad everything is good in your end now. In behalf of my colleagues that helped, you are most welcome. Should you need our assistance again, feel free to contact us here in the forum.