- hreetzAsked on July 07, 2016 at 05:47 PM
I'm having problems getting the form to work properly on IE from a Terminal Server, but only with some users. For example, even after adding to trusted sites and checking compatibility mode, the conditional options are not working. The items that should show when X is selected are not populating on the form. Is there a setting you know of that I can look for and adjust?
Also, many times I'm getting the This Page Cannot Be Displayed when accessing the form from the same situation as above. If I refresh, it loads the form, but then I might be back to the above situation.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 07, 2016 at 10:32 PM
- hreetzAnswered on July 11, 2016 at 08:42 AM
- CharlieAnswered on July 11, 2016 at 11:19 AM
I tested it on my IE11 browser but I was not able to replicate the problem.
You mentioned you are on a terminal server? I presume you have something like an intranet or private network where the form is being loaded? This is most likely related to your network security setup where some resources are somehow blocked or is having a hard time loaded the URL.
Have you tried loading the form on your home network or a mobile data? If you can open the form without problems on your home computer using IE11 and on your home network, then it is most likely related to your office or company's private network.
- hreetzAnswered on July 11, 2016 at 11:50 AM
The form works perfectly from Chrome and Safari on Apple devices. I'm asking the Network Admin to look into any possible settings in our network that may need to be changed. I haven't tried it from home on IE. We did find that it behaved differently whether we were signed in as admin or not.
We do not currently have this form accessible from a website. So far, we are only using it with our employees. I sent a link to the form and asked them to bookmark it.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 11, 2016 at 01:02 PM
Let us know what you Network Admin's findings are, because the problem does not reproduce in our end, I just also tried it in my IE11, and it works fine:
- hreetzAnswered on July 12, 2016 at 02:27 PM
We are able to replicate it, but not consistently. At this point, we're going to ask that our users only use the form through Chrome if they are on their desktop. The network admin was aware of recent updates to IE that may have tweaked security somewhere. Rather than test every little security setting within IE, we can just ask that they use it in Chrome or from their iPads or phones, and that will work for now.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 12, 2016 at 02:51 PM
Thanks for your reply and glad to hear you've come up a preventive approach for this.
Since we could not reproduce the problem on our IE 11 browsers, I presume that the problem is very specific on the user's IE browser. Resetting the IE browser settings might also help just in case they want to stick with IE.