- MichelleAsked on July 13, 2016 at 06:49 PM
I need a popup/ad box where a visitor can select from a dropdown menu a month of the year, and then the year. Not fill in the blanks. Am I making sense? They select the answers through dropdown selection. The attached screenshot will show you what I want to do. I'm exhausted looking for a service provider that will help me achieve this. THANKS!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on July 13, 2016 at 11:01 PM
JotForm's methods are flexible and can achieve what you need.
For trying to do a pop-up for a form, you can try using any of the following publishing options:
1) Feedback form - This method will allow you to show a button on a corner of your webpage. clicking it will show a modal pop-up window where a user can fill up.
2) Popup - This is the classic style pop-up
3) Lightbox - Quite similar to feedback form, but it provides a link rather than a button at the corner of a page.
You can test these options by editing your form, click Publish on the toolbar found at the upper part of the form builder, a window will appear. Click Embed and on the Embed Options, select your embed option choice
For the fields, you can either use a regular dropdon menu, or a Birth Date Picker widget. If you wish to use a Birth Date Picker widget, you will need to search it under "More Fields"
There are also a number of dropdown fields to choose from. You can browse through http://widgets.jotform.com/ to find more.
In addition, may I also recommend to browse JotForm themes and templates to find designed forms which may suit your needs, copy the form and then start editing from there.
Regarding the styling of your field, this can be done using CSS. But this discussion can be lengthy. I would suggest to build first your form and we can look into the field and then provide you a solution for it. I also would suggest to start a new thread in order to prevent confusion on the details being discussed when other support members look into the thread.
We'll be looking forward to your updates.