- MaryMarcAsked on March 29, 2012 at 09:59 PM
I have been having issues with instability of Free Form Text boxes. Some times they work perfectly, other times changes to text are not being saved. I have done everything I can think of to make changes "stick", however, most times to no avail. It is very frustrating because it's wasting my time. I've deleted the entire box, recreated it, and the changes still won't save. I log out, and log back in, and that doesn't work. I've even rebooted my laptop. I don't think it's a cache problem. Please help.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on March 29, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Perhaps I few suggestions can make this a much better experience for you on using the html tool.
1. The html tool is an html editor within the form, it will certainly take some resource from the machine running it. The cache play a part. So, everytime you used it, try to be conscious when it is processing. Make sure the step is completed before you doing another step.
2. If you are going to EDIT an existing text content, especially if there's a bunch, its always handy to have a notepad editor to copy/paste the text as backup in case the html editor got hanged up.
3. Always click on the Complete button as means to close the tool. The process will be truly complete by doing this even while the field is still "working..." status. On the other hand, clicking on the 'X' will terminate everything, the same as clicking outside the html (if you click somewhere on the form while in html edit mode)
I hope this can help you in any way.