- SpertusAsked on July 18, 2016 at 04:50 PM
We are in the process of updating our site security and need to see if Jotform uses SSL port 587
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on July 18, 2016 at 06:25 PM
As far as I could check port 587 is not opened. Could you please let us know what are you trying to achieve and why you need 587?
We'll wait for your response.
- SpertusAnswered on July 19, 2016 at 10:52 AM
We plan to implement the following email server changes in the next few weeks:
1- Force use of ssl, port 587 on mobile and desktop devices and https for web clients accessing mail.spertus.edu
2- Require smtp port 993 without certification validation. Mac mail would require this setting.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on July 19, 2016 at 12:41 PM
As I said, the port 587 is closed on our servers , however, I think that the SMTP will work for you on the port you have specified.
Have you managed to perform some tests with those settings?
Let us know if you experience some issues.
- SpertusAnswered on July 19, 2016 at 03:59 PM
We'll be starting the switchover next Friday so I will check for bugs then.