- bcameraclubAsked on July 19, 2016 at 02:48 PM
I want to set up a form where I have the person choose their membership level (from 3 choices) and have a field with an empty field where the person can enter their donation amour and then pass the total of these 2 fields to PayPal to complete payment.
I've set up a form with either or but (even with the calculation widget) have not been able to have both fields added together to have the total passed to PayPal. All I have been able to do is pass the membership payment to PayPal.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on July 19, 2016 at 04:03 PM
I believe this is the form you are working on: https://www.jotform.com/61998787872180
Please try the following:
1) Split the options into a native check box field:
2) Use the Calculation widget to getthe total: https://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-Perform-Calculation-in-the-Form
And hide it:
3) Change your payment type to obtain the total amount: https://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field
You can clone my form version if you want to: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Let us know if you need more help.
- bcameraclubAnswered on July 19, 2016 at 11:31 PM
Thank you. That solved the problem.However, I have the form integrated with a Google Spreadsheet -- but when I enter data into the form (either as a preview or in the form as "embedded" into our web site, the data is not showing in the Google spreadsheet. Is there a delay between time of data submission into the form and when the data displays in the spreadsheet. We're now using the form: Membership+Donation.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on July 20, 2016 at 02:17 AM
Thank you for letting us know that the issue with the calculation and PayPal is now resolved. I have moved your other question to a separate thread and shall be addressed there shortly.