JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Two question, one answerAsked by Paddy Sinnott on July 20, 2016 at 10:52 AM
On my form I want to ask two questions, therefore have two text boxes, but I only want them to be able to reply in one box.
I am basically asking:
How much life insurance would you like to be covered for? Potential answer: £200,000
Or how much would you like to pay each month? Potential answer: £30
I don't want them to be able to reply with two answers, it has to be one or the other. Not sure how I can get round this
conditions question two question disable question
We need to add a conditions that will disable the other question if the user answered 1 of the question. Please check this guide:
1. Create 2 form fields for the Question 1 and Question 2.
2. After that, you need to create a conditions. Click the Conditions button in the Form Builder.
3. Select the Enable/Require Field condition.
4. Change the IF to your first question and select the "Is Filled" State. Change the DO to Disable and change the Field to your second question.
5. Do this again but it should be the second question for the IF and then first question for the FIELD. Save the changes when you're done.
Here's my demo form: https://form.jotform.com/62014542371951
Hope that answered your question. If you need further assistance, do let us know. Thank you.