- commercialkingsAsked on July 25, 2016 at 04:05 PM
Is there away to block email addresses? 1. I would like to have the option to not allow customers, who've made purchases with me, and later disputed the charge (credit card fraud) to get their money back on a digital order that I cant prove was shipped.
2. I would like to be able to block certain email services that have my email silently filtered (icloud.com). icloud.com has my email addresses silently blocked. I put on my site to please not use icloud email address when ordering, but customers dont read much, and this cause problems for me because they dont get their order, and I am un able to communicate with them because my responses to their emails are also silently blocked/filtered. And then they open a dispute, and it turns into a huge can of worms.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on July 25, 2016 at 06:20 PM
I'm not sure how would you be able to restrict in such way with our forms. Since that is related to your email provider, regarding the purchases, what crossed my mind is Authorization of the purchase, that could help you for that issue since you will authorize the payment and capture later when you ship the item.
Again, I'm not sure regarding the blocking of the email addresses, you would like your customers to use any other email address except the iCloud right? If you can give us more information about this so we can see what could be done about that.
We'll wait for your response.
- commercialkingsAnswered on August 02, 2016 at 10:44 AM
Yes! I would like customers to use any other email address except iCloud emails. I need a way to block those emails. And I would like to have an error message appear, to let the customer know that the reason they cant submit, is because they have an icloud email address. I have all over my site to "please do not use icloud emails". And they just keep using them, I got 2 orders this morning with icloud emails, and I have no way of contacting them, and they will never get their order, because icloud silently filters our emails.
- victorAnswered on August 02, 2016 at 12:14 PM
As my colleague indicated, there is no real way to block emails. But using the show and hide conditions to can verify the email enter and hide fields when certain characters are enter.
This conditions check the email enter. If user enters "icloud.com" it will hide all the rest of the fields.
This would be the only way to block email addresses.
- commercialkingsAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 05:01 PM
Awesome answer!! Thanks!!!
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on August 03, 2016 at 05:16 PM
On behalf of my colleague you're welcome, please let us know if you have any further questions!