- antoniooiAsked on April 03, 2012 at 06:16 AM
Any new development for this behavior since it was like last year ago? I need the next page to jump to the top on the NEXT button click because:
1. Page 2 is long, page 3 is short.
2. When users click NEXT on page 2, they see NOTHING on page 3, as though something has gone disappeared.
3. Users have to manually scroll up to discover the existence of page 3.
Likewise, when Page 1 is short, clicking the BACK button from Page 2 will lead to nothing appear on Page 1 unless the users scroll up to the top of the page.
P/S: FXR suggested me to use "?nojump" on my code but it still doesn't achieve what I want, that is to jump to the top of the page. But please beware of the Lightbox as this feature may not be desireable for Lightbox.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on April 03, 2012 at 07:52 AM
We have assigned this to one of our developers. We will work on it and let you know.
- ywammadisonAnswered on April 04, 2012 at 03:43 AM
I second this request! We have users who think their forms disappeared and they lost everything when they go to "next" or sometimes to "submit."
Thanks for all your great work.
- battlechopAnswered on April 21, 2012 at 10:04 PM
- antoniooiAnswered on April 22, 2012 at 07:47 AM
LOL.... :D Ask JotForm to add a +1 button here then, easier to vote. :D
- raganlawfirmAnswered on April 24, 2012 at 04:10 PM
+1 - Need this functionality here also.
- igniteadAnswered on April 27, 2012 at 03:41 PM
+1 We need this!
- interknechtAnswered on June 05, 2012 at 06:59 PM
Any update on this fix?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 05, 2012 at 07:18 PM
I have sent a message to the assigned developer to get an update on this ticket
- ywamharpendenAnswered on July 13, 2012 at 06:29 AM
I'd also like to know if there's been any improvement/workaround for this problem?
- antoniooiAnswered on July 13, 2012 at 07:18 AM
Well...it seems like JotForm is following the footstep of Google whereby important user feedback is ignored while keep focusing on their new cloud integration releases..... @_@
Please JotForm team.....please do something.....this is like 4 months ago already or even longer.... :(
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on July 14, 2012 at 03:14 AM
Hello anoniooi. As of yet, we have not yet heard from the developer for updates on this matter. Rest assured that as soon as we have updates, we'll immediately update this thread.
Thanks for your patience.
- financejunctionAnswered on August 14, 2012 at 12:37 PM
I could really do with this being fixed also, it's such a simple thing yet it really lets jot form down. I appreciate that it may not seem important in the scheme of things, however most people are reluctant to fill in web forms at the best of times and this small bug can have a massive effect on a websites conversion rate.
Is there any update on this please?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on August 14, 2012 at 06:10 PM
That bug report ticket is still in Developer's queue. Please accept our apologies for the delay on this.
Probably I am missing something, but I have just tried to reproduce the problem, and I was able to do it only in Chrome with iFrame based form.
Thank you for your patience in this matter.
- antoniooiAnswered on August 15, 2012 at 02:59 AM
I thought your forms with FB integration only allows iFrame embed?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 15, 2012 at 07:05 AM
Hello antoniooi. After Facebook stopped the support for FBML, the only solution to embed forms in facebook pages then was to embed via iframe. It was only recently (a few months back) when we found another solution via embedding using facebook developer method.
You can check the steps on how to embed forms in facebook pages via Facebook Developer on this user guide.
- atlasadvisorsAnswered on August 17, 2012 at 04:45 PM
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on August 17, 2012 at 05:57 PM
Can you please share a link with us? It may be helpful for our Developers.
- ywamharpendenAnswered on September 21, 2012 at 11:13 AM
This has been quite a while waiting for this. Is there any update coming to resolve this issue?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on September 21, 2012 at 01:54 PM
I have sent another note to our dev team so they can assign a higher priority to this feature request
We appreciate your patience on this
- petitamuseAnswered on December 18, 2012 at 07:45 PM
+1 It looks like this issue has been outstanding for a VERY LONG TIME. It would be great if it were finally resolved.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on December 18, 2012 at 07:51 PM
Can you please open a separate thread with the same title if possible? This way I will open a new ticket for our developers so they will know there is an urgency on this matter
- JotForm SupportozanAnswered on January 02, 2013 at 08:33 AM
We've finally fixed this issue. But please notice that the iframe embed code should be updated to fix this problem. Sorry for the delay.
- NKJINCAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM
What was the fix? When I use the script I stay at the bottom of the page. When I use Iframe, I have a huge white space at the bottom of the page.
Can someone explain where there was a fix?
- pinoytechAnswered on January 22, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Can you please share to us the URL of your website where your form embedded to investigate the said issue for further assistance?
- openawardsAnswered on February 06, 2013 at 04:27 AM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 06, 2013 at 08:03 AM
Please try iframe first, and inform us if this does not resolve your issue.
- openawardsAnswered on February 06, 2013 at 09:54 AM
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 06, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Glad to hear it's fixed now.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on July 31, 2017 at 11:18 AM
I opened a separate thread and we will attend it here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1211958