- dzechmanAsked on August 04, 2016 at 11:54 AM
I run a program at a university and would like to use jotform for our selective process. Can a prospective student save progress if they don't complete all fields in one sitting? Also, is there a way for me to view applicants who started an application, saved progress, but didn't complete and officially submit? Thank you!
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on August 04, 2016 at 01:48 PM
We have the following 'save and continue later' options available:
1. An Autofill option that saves the data locally in user's browser storage. It means that the form user will need to use the same browser to see their saved data.
2. A session based save and continue later method. It saves the data on our servers in a session format, so the session can be accessed from any place. This method requires two forms.
3. A form Submission Edit link. The form users can use it in order to edit submitted entries, so this is more like submit and edit later than save and continue later.
Note, the 1st and the 2nd methods are not compatible between each other. You can use only one of them on a particular form.
Also, is there a way for me to view applicants who started an application, saved progress, but didn't complete and officially submit?
With the 2nd method you can also send the session links to yourself, to check the data by accessing them later. With the 3rd method the partially submitted data will be always accessible from your JotForm account.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.