- formtoformAsked on August 07, 2016 at 12:44 PM
How can we build a Login ID & Password form and how can we connect those Login ID & Password to our database.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 07, 2016 at 02:01 PM
Unfortunately it is currently not possible to create login forms in JotForm. It is also not possible to authenticate form's input data with previous form submissions or from any external sources.
The only possibility is to add conditions in your form to check the form input data and validate. The following guide should help you: https://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
Here are the steps you should follow:
1. Add a "Form Collapse" field at the start and end of your form. You can set the "Visibility" of the form collapse as "Hidden" and the "Status" as "Open".
2. Before the first form collapse, add a "Text Box" field where user can input the password. Please be noted that you should not use "Password" label in your form. You can use any other text like "Code", "key", "authorization". We have automated anti-phishing system which scans all forms and mark them with probability of being used for phishing activities.
3. You can add condition in your form to check the input text of the text box. If the password matches, you can show the entire form collapse field which will in turn display all the form fields. Please check the screenshot below:
Please take a look at the following demo form : https://form.jotform.com/62105210838952
Feel free to clone this form for a closer look. The following guide should help you in form cloning: http://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.