- stuart3sheepAsked on August 08, 2016 at 11:27 AM
Hi when using
on the first use when going from the registration page (so the form can be continued later) to the first page of the full form (https://form.jotformeu.com/62081965948368), I click Save and Next but Page 2 briefly appeared and then I were taken back to Page 1. So it is like the form is going backwards. When the Save and Next is clicked again it does not happen again but it is happening every first use.
Do you have any suggestions how to resolve this?
- CharlieAnswered on August 08, 2016 at 12:31 PM
Apologies for the inconvenience. I checked your form https://form.jotformeu.com/stuart3sheep/your-business-today-questionnaire but it is not anymore valid, I presume you have changed the custom URL or created a new form? I did check the form titled " Your Business Today Questionnaire - Registration" and I presume that's the first part of your form.
I was able to replicate the problem, this is because the form changes it's URL once you clicked the next button.
Here's how I replicated it:
1. First, are my forms:
2. In my forms, you can see that my domain is form.jotform.me, yours is different, it different from users, accounts and locations.
3. Now I am redirected to my Form 2 with the session ID.
4. Here's a screencast showing how the skipping happens, I fill out form 2 and click the "Next" button, you'll see that it navigates back to page 1. Notice the URL on my screencast showing that it changes.
5. Now noticed the URL once you are navigated to page 1. From form.jotform.me (in my case), it becomes eu.jotform.com.
So what happens is that, for users in EU, when you used the feature session, it needs to use the eu.jotform.com domain to save the progress.
I will forward this to our developers to have it checked and fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience. We will update you on this thread as soon as this is fixed.
As a temporary workaround, you can set the session URL of your Form 2 to use eu.jotform.com.
I also recommend that you disable the "Auto Fill" feature on your Form 2 if you will be relying on the session ID URL. This might cause conflict and problems on your users, the Auto Fill feature might tamper or overwrite the progress on the session URL.
- stuart3sheepAnswered on August 09, 2016 at 06:12 AM
Many thanks for the prompt and detailed reply. I followed your advice and have made the changes to the URL and disabled autofill and that does seem to resolve the issue.
It will be great when the developers are able to alter things so it does not have to be done but in the meantime your advice works.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on August 09, 2016 at 07:14 AM
I see that the issue is already been forwarded to our backend team. Could you confirm if the first form is the https://form.jotformeu.com/62082593356359 to continue with http://www.jotformeu.com/form/62081965948368?
I see that the form 1 is now being redirected to the form 2 URL with https://eu.jotform.com. When I tried to submit the form 1, it is redirected to form 2 properly and continuing normally without any issue. If you are referring to some other form, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
- stuart3sheepAnswered on August 09, 2016 at 08:08 AM
That is the web form but I am having to use the work around suggested by Charlie. So I have to manual rewite the URLs.
So the problem still exists, its just that I have manual work-around.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on August 09, 2016 at 09:32 AM
Stuart, thank you for the feedback, we'll forward this to our developers as well. Hopefully, we will have an update for you soon.
Thank you for your patience.