- mssayyed73yahoocomAsked on April 07, 2012 at 04:19 AM
I have a Drop down field for Nationality , How can I link it to its Flag?
for example when the user select the country to bring also the country flag?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 06:50 AM
Unfortunatelly, this feature is not in JotForm. The special property of Drop down box like Country(Nationality) are simply predefined lists to make it a lot easier to create specific themed forms.
The special lists are not associated or link on any other data at all.
You can probably do something similar using the conditional logic on the form to show/hide image fields/html with flags associated to the drop down lists. But with the number of countries/flags, this could be impractical for the form to be used in such way.
Thank you for considering JotForm. Please inform us should you have other inquiries.
- pinoytechAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 09:43 AM
In addition to jonathan's answer, I have clone one of your form and use conditional logic on the form.
If you like what I did, feel free to clone it.
Try choose United State, Abkhazia, Jordan, Afghanistan, Albania and Algeria as sample with their country flag.
- mssayyed73yahoocomAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 09:54 AMmany thanks to you
I will try to make flag for all countries
thanks a lot
- pinoytechAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 09:58 AM
If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- mssayyed73yahoocomAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 10:27 AMhello , how to clone this form? so as to make flags to all countries ?
thanks a lot
- pinoytechAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Sorry if I wasn't able to include the guideline on how to clone a Form in to my answer. Here's the guideline for cloning the form: http://www.jotform.com/help/28-How-to-Clone-a-Form-from-a-Web-Page
- mssayyed73yahoocomAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 10:52 AMhello
sir , I tried to put new flags, but it is replaces the flags which you put ! kindly inform how to put new flag images and how to link it with countries ?
thanks for your cooperate
- pinoytechAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Here's a guideline on how to add image and link with country:
1. Download the image of the country from the internet then save it in to your desktop
2. Go to POWER TOOLS then choose and drag Image tool in to your form
3. Once you hit the NEXT button of image wizard click CHOOSE FILE then UPLOAD FILE
4. Resize image width: 100 height: 50
5. Click Properties icon then select Shrink
6. Click Setup & Embed then choose Conditions icon
7. From you Condition Wizard select Show/Hide a form field then click Next button
If Country field Equals To American Samoa
Then Show Image Field
Hope you find it helpful and informative.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- mssayyed73yahoocomAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 11:38 AM
thank you very much sir
- pinoytechAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 11:48 AM
You're very much welcome. If you need further assistance adding images and link to each country i love to help, that if you will give me the permission. :)
Thank you for using JotForm!
- mssayyed73yahoocomAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 12:34 PMmany thanks you can help me , I will appreciate that
- pinoytechAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Thank you for the permission. I'm done with the other countries like from United State to Barbados. Feel free to clone it.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Err... Just FYI, there's no such place as Barbaados. It's Barbados. I oughta know because I'm a Bajan! (The flag is spot on, though :)
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 10:09 PM
By the way, that's a great solution! Actually, I'm gonna clone that form too.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 07, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Something just struck me: In order to avoid confusion when setting up the conditions, as each flag's image is inserted into the form, change its label from "Image" to the name of the country to which the flag belongs:
(Click images to zoom to actual size)