- HeckingtonAsked on April 09, 2012 at 06:01 AM
I have an automatically generated booking reference number for all my forms, but there are some numbers missing from the list of submissions.
It is not showing on my excel download either.
Where have these bookings gone?Page URL:
- gori-mathewAnswered on April 09, 2012 at 06:31 AM
I have guide link below on how to create unique ids for forms, can try it out too.
Hope this information will be helpful, feel free to share with us the feedback to support you further.
- HeckingtonAnswered on April 09, 2012 at 07:31 AM
Its not a problem with people submitting forms.
My problem is that not all submissions with the unique ID numbers are showing on my list of submissions.
Eg: numbers TS12-164, TS12-165 and TS12-169 are showing, but I am missing TS12-166, TS12-167 and TS12-168.
Where have they gone?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 09, 2012 at 08:24 AM
I'm afraid this is a bit of a mystery to me. Initially, when I checked your account and saw that there were five (5) pending submissions, I thought the missing numbers would be found there. Then I figured that the missing submissions (assuming that submissions were made and just not recorded) were probably secure ones and would only be displayed if I logged in to your account via https://secure.jotform.com (that recently did the trick for another user) but alas, no luck.
I'll submit a ticket to our Tier 2 team. Hopefully we can get this matter quickly resolved for you.
Incidentally, did you receive email notifications of the submissions that would have had those numbers? That may be an important clue for our developers. So, I'll await your reply before submitting the ticket.
- gori-mathewAnswered on April 09, 2012 at 08:25 AM
In addition to my colleague's reply above. There may be three possible reasons for this assigning id to jump other forms, or behaves unresponsively not assigning Ids.
1. They were deleted from submissions page accidentally
2. You might have changed the unique ID start number
3. There was a problem on our system and the submissions were lost.
If (1) or (2) happened there is nothing we can do. I'd suggest changing the account password. I find (3) very unlikely since we receive 50,000 submissions a day. If we had a problem on our system even for a very small period, other users would have notified us. Nobody else reported a similar problem today.
Please awaiting your reply on this stated possibilities.
- HeckingtonAnswered on April 09, 2012 at 10:06 AMHi, in response
1. I have not deleted any submissions
2. I have not changed the ID start numbers
3. I have not had any email submissions for these numbers, so have not had any notifications for these
These are only 3 numbers that are missing, if you look on our account, there are quite a few that are not listed when you go through the notification numbers that are not in sync.
Is there any way that these could be lost in your system ? Its obviously very important that we do not lose any of our customers bookings through forms not being received.
- fxrAnswered on April 09, 2012 at 11:54 AM
I dont believe any of your bookings have been 'lost in system'. I have seen this phenomena before where counted unique IDs miss a number here & there.
For me, the issue is trying to explain why that counter has missed some numbers rather than any submission getting lost in its entirety.
Previously, we discovered that a captcha field on a form can cause this affect, but i dont see one on your form, I do have to ask however, did at any point this form have a captcha field on it?
- HeckingtonAnswered on April 09, 2012 at 01:09 PM~Yes, I did have a captcha on the form previously, but took it off when it caused problems by freezing the form
- fxrAnswered on April 09, 2012 at 02:09 PM
Ah yes, I would say that those 'frozen' forms tests when using the captcha field may well explain the jumps in those unique IDs.
I have seen similar before and I honestly don't think you have too much to worry about as regards possible lost submissions.
- HeckingtonAnswered on April 09, 2012 at 03:06 PMIt would explain the early ones, but there are missing numbers from 3rd April and I had problems with the captcha back in February time. I have not had the captcha’s on since then.
- fxrAnswered on April 09, 2012 at 03:29 PM
I really don't think there is an issue here, but will escalate to 2nd level to get their thoughts.