- tracks2000Asked on April 10, 2012 at 09:28 AM
We would like to be able to do basic calculations on fields in a matrix or a matrix column or cells in a form. Such calculations could include sums or multiplication etc
I have seen some responses to other questions on related topics and just wonder whether any thing has been changed recently or is planned imminently?
- gori-mathewAnswered on April 10, 2012 at 09:54 AM
Thanks for contacting us. Actually we don't support calculations on regular fields and this is on out feature requests list. This is because almost all reviewed requests regarding calculations concerned can be handled with our existing payment integration tool
However, if you need to calculate a price for something, you can always use the Purchase Order field under Payment Tools. It can multiply the price of an option with quantity and find total for all selected products.
Please lets know if you need any further assistance, thanks
- tracks2000Answered on April 10, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Thanks for your response but if we use the Purchase Order field we will have to add all the possible products to the system and their variants - halfway to a shopping cart.
What we want is to have the visitor type in Product Description, Quantity & Unit Price (without VAT)
Then we would like Jotform to calculate
- (A) the line value = quantity * unit price
- (B) the line value including VAT = (A) * 1.2
- (C) the total value of the order = sum of column of (B)
- jeanettebmzAnswered on April 10, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Unfortunately, we do not have such a feature yet in order to accomplish what you are looking for.
To get your form's source code:
1. Click Setup & Embed tab
2. Click Embed Form button
3. Choose Source option
4. Copy the codes provided in the succeeding screen