What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How to show total and how calculator adds up this totalAsked by narrowbridgecandles on August 19, 2016 at 04:32 AM
Also, I am trying to integrate an appropriate widget and learn how to use it. I need some that can generate a total live in the form from a number of different fields.
6 pairs of fields in which someone has said they want ______ # of something and want to pay _____ amount for it.
and then the calculator adds up those totals. I figured out how to do this with the calculation wizard, but can't figure out how to use the for calculation widget- do you have any instructions on that?
The reason I am exploring both is that I am trying to figure if one of these widgets can add up all of those tallies and then add $5 to each person's total for shipping if they have ordered any of 5 out of the 6 products and $15 for shipping if their order includes one of the products (a very large heavy one).
I also want these calculations to be included in the automatic reply e-mail.
I want them to submit the form and then get an e-mail that says:
THanks so much for your order
Order Summary (taken from the fields in the form)
You total including shipping is _______ (taken from calculator in the form)
Any guidance you can offer would be very helpful, thanks so much
Could you please let me give some time to work on it to find most appropriate solution. It won't be so long. I will get back to you in a short time.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
I thank you again for your understanding.
If I figured out what you are requesting correctly, you would like to add 15$ if your enduser order " Large Havdallah Candles " and add 5$ if your enduser does not select " Large Havdallah Candles " but selects any of remaining.
You can create any scenario like this by using Update/Calculate Condition. You can find condition details as below.
1. Click on "Calculation Wizard " and then Click "Condition Icon"
2. Click "New Condition" and Choose "Update/Calculate Field"
3. Write the first condition according to chosing of " Large Havdallah Candles ". If this field is filled by user differ than 0, shipping cost is adding as 15$ to the total. Calculation field is configured as multiplying related fields, adding them up and then adding 15$.
4. Write the second condition according to not choosing of " Large Havdallah Candles ". If this field is filled by user as 0, 5$ will be added to the total. Calculation field is configured as multiplying related fields, adding them up and then adding 5$.
Now, the answer of your second question which is about showing order summary.
1. Click E-mail icon.
2. Click Edit of AutoResponder
3. Select rows that you do not want your user to see and then Click Delete row icon and clean table.
4. Make a single row one of them and then write the message you want to show there. To to that; select the row and then click table icon>> Cell >> Merge cells. After merging it, write that row what you want.
5. In order to show quantities of each selection, follow below steps:
* Click Form Fields
* Choose related field, click and copy the ID to the related row of that field and save it.
Here is the screen shot of what I got after I applied all of above.
Hope these helps you and solve your issue.
If you need any further assistance from our side, please do not to hesitate to contact us.