JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Require at least one of three fields be completedAsked by computeroverhauls on August 22, 2016 at 11:40 AM
Is it possible to have a form where it would be required that at least ONE of THREE form fields are completed? I know I can specify individual fields as required but this is different.
I want the user to have to complete at least Question 1, 2 OR 3 in order to be able to submit the form. Doesn't matter which one but at least one must be completed.
You can create a conditions in order to hide the submit button if the question 1, 2, or 3 is blank. Please check this demo form: https://form.jotform.com/62344497161963.
Here's a guide on how I did that demo form:
1. In the Form Builder, create 3 Text Box field for question (1, 2, and 3).
2. Click the Conditions button in the Form Builder.
3. Click the Show/Hide Field.
4. Set a condition wherein if Question is filled, then the Submit button will appear.
5. This should be your final conditions. IF ____ is FILLED. SHOW submit.
Hope that helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.