- AcademyTransformationAsked on August 23, 2016 at 07:55 AM
I have exported my submissions as an Excel document. When I have loaded them into Excel the majority of column titles and information are there, but some of them say 'No Label' with no data in that column .
Looking back to the JotForm Editor, the missing columns are Text Headings. These are asking questions and users complete a text box with their answer but the question isn't exporting to Excel for some reason.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 08:46 AM
As per checking, the columns with heading "No Label" corresponds to HTML Textfields in your form.
They are blank because they do not require answers from users of the form. I personally think they should not be included in the export and submissions page because users cannot fill up HTML Text fields. But as far as I understand, you want the HTML text content of the field to be included in the exported Excel. Is this correct?
- AcademyTransformationAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 09:12 AM
Yes please, I would like the HTML content to be included in the Excel export.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 09:37 AM
In that case, for example, you have this HTML Text field in your form.
May I confirm which of the following options you desire to achieve?
1. Do you want the values in each row in the exported Excel to be the HTML content of the field (as below) and column header to remain "No Label"?
The academy has a Safeguarding and/or Child Protection policy that is up to date, line line with the model provided by ATT and is shared with and is accessible to parents.Is there evidence that the policy has been read by all staff and adopted by the Governing Body? Are parents aware of the policy through the academy's website or the prospectus? Is it made available to parents? Is it read and signed by all members of staff and evidence of this is kept in staff files (personnel files)? Is the policy reviewed annually? Is it linked to other relevant academy policies and procedures? Is it written in accordance with LSCB guidance and agreed interagency procedures?
2. Do you want the column header to be HTML content of the field (as above) and the values in each row in the exported Excel to be blank?
- AcademyTransformationAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 10:03 AM
Can it be option 1 please for the HTML content to be in row?
Also, is it possible to have the column header to be the name of the area, so Area 1 for example? This will to make it easier to scan through?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 10:58 AM
Apologies for the confusion. As per further checking, the columns with "No Label" headers correspond to the Form Separator Widget in your forms. I found out by cloning your form and removing the Form Separator widgets in the cloned form. Removing them removed the columns with "No Label" headers in the exported data as well.
I think this is a bug. Form Separator Widgets should not be included to exported data. I have escalated a ticket for this.
- AcademyTransformationAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 11:05 AM
Many thanks for looking into this and escalating it. Will this also allow the export of the HTML content?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on August 23, 2016 at 11:51 AM
On behalf of my colleague you're welcome.
Regarding the export of HTML, I will forward this to our developers as well to consider for a possible implementation.
- JotForm SupportNicholasWestleyAnswered on September 04, 2016 at 11:44 AM
The issue with the separator widget exporting as an empty column has now been resolved.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 07, 2016 at 08:56 AM
Hello James, I had to open a separate thread for Exporting of the HTML content and you can find it here.
We will attend it there since we have to have separate threads for different issues to avoid confusion.
Thank you for understanding.