- hsuoscarAsked on August 30, 2016 at 11:54 PM
I am using Safari Version 9.1.2 (11601.7.7). Tried to upload pictures when asking a question.
Tried empty browser cache, does not work.
See my clip here: https://youtu.be/dy5-k2rcltw
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 31, 2016 at 04:53 AM
I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you.
I did test this issue in Safari browser on windows computer and I am unable to replicate the issue you are having. I was able to upload image in forum successfully. Please check the screenshot below:
Are you using Mac OS? I will try and test this issue in Mac as well. For now I would suggest you to please use any other browser and see if you are able to upload image.
- hsuoscarAnswered on August 31, 2016 at 06:41 AM
Hi, I am using Mac Book Pro. OSX 10.11.6 (15G31) and Safari Version 9.1.2 (11601.7.7)
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 31, 2016 at 07:57 AM
I did test this in Safari version 9.1 using Mac and I am unable to replicate the issue you are having. Please check the screenshot below:
Were you able to test this issue in any other browser? Do test and get back to us if the issue persists in other browser as well.
We will wait for your response.
- hsuoscarAnswered on August 31, 2016 at 12:46 PM
This function works for me using Firefox/Chrome on my mac book pro.
It just does not work with Safari on my mac boo pro.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on August 31, 2016 at 02:40 PM
We cannot reproduce the issue on our side.
Could you please check if there are any errors in Safari Error Console while you are trying to upload a screenshot?
- hsuoscarAnswered on September 02, 2016 at 05:07 PM
This is what I get... lots of error?!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 02, 2016 at 08:02 PM
I'm not sure what happened to my response. It's missing.
Anyway, let's try again: The problem may be due to some scripts which failed to download after you have visited the page. Can you try finding in the console those scripts. Or can you try clearing your browser's cache and try viewing again the page if the problem persists after?
- hsuoscarAnswered on September 04, 2016 at 08:55 PM
After purging cache and cookies... still the same issue.
My workaround is to use Firefox instead... :-(
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on September 04, 2016 at 10:28 PM
That's pretty weird. Although one thing's for sure, if it's working on Firefox then it's not an issue on the server. I also have made tests on my Chrome browser but I was not able to replicate the issue.