- MikeAsked on August 31, 2016 at 01:15 PM
i created a new account and then made a new form. Then, all of a sudden, my form was "disabled," and - when i tried to log in again - it said that i was being accused of "phishing."
What the *@%!?
Can someone PLEASE explain this to me NOW?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on August 31, 2016 at 03:07 PM
I deleted those fields from your form:
Also, I reactivated your account, but please avoid putting this kind of fields on your form to avoid to be suspended again.
Thank you for understanding and cooperation.
- MikeAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 09:46 AMWow, that's great, Nik_C. Thanks for reactivating our account!
Pray tell, exactly what are we supposed to do if we are creating a form for
people to register for websites and need such info? We are not
"deceptively obtaining" any of the information listed after those two words
detection nor Your decision to suspend our account really applies to us.
If You would like for it to have accurately applied to us, then You need to
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 10:29 AM
You should avoid creating any kind of login forms, meaning forms that include collecting usernames and passwords, collecting credit card information or any kind of sensitive data like personal numbers etc.
Hope it is more clear now.
If you have further questions please let us know.
It doesn't matter, though. We won't be using You any longer.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 02:00 PM
I'm sorry, but our Terms clearly say not to collect login credentials and as I explained before, our scanners will mark the form as phishing when it detects such wording in it.
I'm sorry that this doesn't work for you.
I hope you will get back to us.
- MikeAnswered on September 01, 2016 at 07:45 PMlol...i literally can't make it any clearer. Good luck.