- jmoerschAsked on November 21, 2010 at 03:08 AM
One of my users requested that I make a change to an entry on a form he submitted. I can view the submission, I can click on the "Edit" button, and I can change the entry. But I see no "save" button. The changed entry does not appear to auto-save because if I go to another form and then come back to the one I wanted to edit, it still has the original entry. Help!
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on November 22, 2010 at 09:38 AM
If you scroll to the bottom you should see a submit button. Do you not see the button at the bottom of the form?
- jmoerschAnswered on November 22, 2010 at 11:27 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.
No - no submit button visible. I just checked again using two different browsers (IE and Chrome) in case it was a compatibility issue, and there's no submit button that I can see on either.
I can send a screen capture via e-mail if you'd like to see what I'm seeing.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on November 23, 2010 at 10:45 AM
If you can post the URL of the page that would be even better. Thanks.
- jmoerschAnswered on November 23, 2010 at 10:49 AM
Will that allow others on this forum to see the page as well? There's private application information on the page, so I need to be careful. Thanks.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on November 24, 2010 at 07:37 AM
Yes. If it is private email it to us.